State Tournament Headed back to Chatt

WrestlingGod

I looked at their website and the Chattanooga Convention Center is a pretty impressive venue with a 100,000 sqft ballroom. It looks plenty big to hold the mats but I noticed that there are no bleachers/raised seating. Does anyone know if this will cause a restriction of attendance along with Covid-19? Or with the divisions being split up into three separate days of competition will this allow all spectators the opportunity to attend the tourney? Just curious if anyone has any details. Thanks.

Edited by rideOut
grammar error

So, in reading that article, it appeared to say that only 8 teams would make the Division I Class AAA duals championships this year.  If this has been discussed before, I apologize, as it was the first I've seen of it.  That would mean only the top team from each region would go to state?  Would suck for certain regions, that's for sure (however, every one is wrestling for second place, so does it really matter?).  

13 minutes ago, CleveBear said:

So, in reading that article, it appeared to say that only 8 teams would make the Division I Class AAA duals championships this year.  If this has been discussed before, I apologize, as it was the first I've seen of it.  That would mean only the top team from each region would go to state?  Would suck for certain regions, that's for sure (however, every one is wrestling for second place, so does it really matter?).  

To an extent yeah. I mean Bradley is always in the hunt and they have a top 4 team this year for sure but wont even qualify. That means a team that isn't usually in that top 4 will have a shot at sneaking on the podium this year.

2 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

To an extent yeah. I mean Bradley is always in the hunt and they have a top 4 team this year for sure but wont even qualify. That means a team that isn't usually in that top 4 will have a shot at sneaking on the podium this year.

Each region could still potentially have 2 teams come out of it. For instance Region 3 winner vs region 4 2nd place and region 3 2nd place vs region 4 1st place and then the two winners would battle it out for 1st and 2nd but both make it.

Region 1 vs Region 2

Region 3 vs region 4

region 5 vs region 6 

region 7 vs region 8.

2 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

Each region could still potentially have 2 teams come out of it. For instance Region 3 winner vs region 4 2nd place and region 3 2nd place vs region 4 1st place and then the two winners would battle it out for 1st and 2nd but both make it.

Region 1 vs Region 2

Region 3 vs region 4

region 5 vs region 6 

region 7 vs region 8.

I'm not saying its not doable, but you're asking the tssaa to actually care and do something that is for the benefit of the schools and kids...

and I just don't think they care. But that's just me

5 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I'm not saying its not doable, but you're asking the tssaa to actually care and do something that is for the benefit of the schools and kids...

and I just don't think they care. But that's just me

They already passed this and set it up for this year which I think is great for the sport. It is kind of like having a sub state

The best two teams from Region 1&2 combined will go to state duals.  

Same for regions 3&4, 5&6, 7&8,

Look at Region 3 & 4 for example. 

Region 3
District 5
Bearden High School (Knoxville, TN)
Farragut High School (Knoxville, TN)
Hardin Valley Academy (Knoxville, TN)
Knoxville Catholic High School (Knoxville, TN)
Stone Memorial High School (Crossville, TN)
District 6
Heritage High School (Maryville, TN)
Lenoir City High School (Lenoir City, TN)
Maryville High School (Maryville, TN)
William Blount High School (Maryville, TN)

Region 4
District 7

Cleveland High School (Cleveland, TN)
McMinn Co. High School (Athens, TN)
Rhea County High School (Evensville, TN)
Walker Valley High School (Cleveland, TN)
District 8
Bradley Central High School (Cleveland, TN)
East Hamilton High School (Ooltewah, TN)
Ooltewah High School (Ooltewah, TN)
Soddy-Daisy High School (Soddy-Daisy, TN)

If your team is from Knoxville, you are going to have to beat Bradley or Cleveland to make it to state duals this season.  Only two teams from the above list will make it in.  In this case, It's highly likely to be Bradley & Cleveland.