Franklin High School Coach steps down

mondo44

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Melton has been there several months now so I was curious how things are going?  New coaches? Hold overs?  Etc.

also with his departure from Summit have they filled the Defnesive coordinates position or will Coleman take over that role.  Tons of changes in the area for sure.

Going well at Franklin - just working hard and keeping head down is what I hear.  I have not heard anything of Coleman's plans.  He may let the Wade twins coach the defense, they do everything else! Just kidding, but those kids are great players!

11 minutes ago, JArrington said:

Going well at Franklin - just working hard and keeping head down is what I hear.  I have not heard anything of Coleman's plans.  He may let the Wade twins coach the defense, they do everything else! Just kidding, but those kids are great players!

Lol...Are you kidding?

i know Melton a little with his time at Summit. I really thought he would have brought in some of his own guys but hey I really don't know the coaches on Franklins staff the last couple years.  I would like to see them challenge the Brentwoods and Ravenwoods for a change.  

29 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Lol...Are you kidding?

i know Melton a little with his time at Summit. I really thought he would have brought in some of his own guys but hey I really don't know the coaches on Franklins staff the last couple years.  I would like to see them challenge the Brentwoods and Ravenwoods for a change.  

Franklin doesn't seem to have the same type of athletes as the 2 woods.  Not sure why.  Good Players at Franklin, just not as many overall.  The QB last year was special and Franklin made a good run, kinda overachieved IMO.  

Who will be the best in Wilco this year?  Very solid league, not as top heavy as Ruco.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Melton has been there several months now so I was curious how things are going?  New coaches? Hold overs?  Etc.

also with his departure from Summit have they filled the Defnesive coordinates position or will Coleman take over that role.  Tons of changes in the area for sure.

The OC he intended to bring bailed on him right before spring football. Several quality assistant coaches left completely by choice, including the OC under Coach Webb who totally transformed Franklin's offense into the number 1 passing offense in the state a year ago. I hear Melton is doing a good job with what he has, but it could be a tough year for the newly named Admirals. 

Edited by MidStateFan1

7 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

The OC he intended to bring bailed on him right before spring football. Several quality assistant coaches left completely by choice, including the OC under Coach Webb who totally transformed Franklin's offense into the number 1 passing offense in the state a year ago. I hear Melton is doing a good job with what he has, but it could be a tough year for the newly named Admirals. 

Where they really the number 1 passing offense?  I saw them play twice and was not really impressed with their offense.  Did think the defense was pretty good though

36 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Where they really the number 1 passing offense?  I saw them play twice and was not really impressed with their offense.  Did think the defense was pretty good though

100% You must of went to their worst games. The QB threw for over 3,100 yards. 

https://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/franklin-admirals-(franklin,tn)/football/stats.htm

On 5/7/2021 at 3:02 PM, JArrington said:

Franklin doesn't seem to have the same type of athletes as the 2 woods.  Not sure why.  Good Players at Franklin, just not as many overall.  The QB last year was special and Franklin made a good run, kinda overachieved IMO.  

Who will be the best in Wilco this year?  Very solid league, not as top heavy as Ruco.

Top heavy doesn't matter when you have the gold

18 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

No doubt Oakland is the best. 

They certainly seem to have it going on over there for sure.  Very talented team, and they do have the Gold.  

MidTennFootball .....  I wasn't downing your team in anyway, just saying that Wilco is a very balanced group of teams with several Good teams in comparison to Rutherford being a couple of teams and several bad ones.  You got the Gold for sure and probably will hang on to it.  That RB is the best I have seen in a while!  I saw him as a sophomore at BA and could tell he was gonna be special!

On 1/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, cbg said:

I have been saying for 15+ years that Franklin High School should have one of the best athletic programs in Tennessee.  They truly have the perfect mix of blue collar, middle class and affluent kids to put it all together.  The question is if the administration "REALLY" supports athletics and wants to win or are they just willing to give lip service.

I’ve been quiet about our fellow county school but I totally agree with this statement.

Ideal mix of kids.