Friday Main Event 2021 preseason Top Fifteen!

FridayMainEvent

36 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've put out a preliminary top 15 in each class to generate some discussion.   The new classifications has made it especially hard this year!  We'll be "adjusting" these positions over the next couple of months as spring camps begin and we have more data to judge teams with:

https://fridaymainevent.com/top-fifteen/

Roll Tide!

0CC3E86F-7C1E-4846-B5D3-556ACB28855F.gif

The top 4 in 1A will be Peabody Fayetteville McKenzie and Lake County. Telling you now FME Don't sleep on McKenzie, they could very well represent the West. They do lose some including QB but I'm pretty sure their main nucleus of kids are back including RBs 7 and 35. 7 is a great back and an offer from Memphis. 35 is built to the mold of Jerome bettis. McKenzie won't be fun for anyone to play. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

The top 4 in 1A will be Peabody Fayetteville McKenzie and Lake County. Telling you now FME Don't sleep on McKenzie, they could very well represent the West. They do lose some including QB but I'm pretty sure their main nucleus of kids are back including RBs 7 and 35. 7 is a great back and an offer from Memphis. 35 is built to the mold of Jerome bettis. McKenzie won't be fun for anyone to play. 

Appreciate the input brother!   That's why I put this out early so you guys can fill me in on what I don't know.   

With the new classes and so much happening last year with Covid forfeits and stuff, this has been the toughest season to gauge who has what coming back.   I've watched alot of Hudl video, but covering 300 teams and NOT missing something is really tough to do.  Especially when it's just a part time hobby.   I really rely on you guys to keep me in the loop on teams out of my area.

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've put out a preliminary top 15 in each class to generate some discussion.   The new classifications has made it especially hard this year!  We'll be "adjusting" these positions over the next couple of months as spring camps begin and we have more data to judge teams with:

https://fridaymainevent.com/top-fifteen/

I’m surprised you didn’t have Huntingdung in the 2A rankings.  Will be interesting to see how Union City does as well. 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Umm...the QB will be a junior. All running backs return.   

This is who we lost: 

Kaden Allen DB
Will Latimer DB
Eli Surber QB/DB
Logan Lyles R/DB
Brandon Boaz TE/LB
Chris Barnett RB/DL
Jordan Woods  OL/DL
Ryan Christian

OL/DL

This is who returns that started and/or played significantly.  

Drew Chappell RB/LB
Marquez Taylor RB/DB
Zay Webber R/DB
Jackson Cassidy QB/DB
Zach Aird R/DB
Rashad McCreary RB/LB
Jose Luna OL/DL
Elijah Edmonson OL/DL
Daniel Latimer OL/DL
Trey Cook R/LB
Zach Chandler TE/LB
Caleb Gill RB/LB
Brandon Hatley OL/LB
Gage Moon OL/DL
Hayden Hudson OL/DL

2 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Umm...the QB will be a junior. All running backs return.   

This is who we lost: 

Kaden Allen DB
Will Latimer DB
Eli Surber QB/DB
Logan Lyles R/DB
Brandon Boaz TE/LB
Chris Barnett RB/DL
Jordan Woods  OL/DL
Ryan Christian

OL/DL

Woods, Barnett and Christian are huge.  Someone is going to have to step up and also take on the leadership roles Surber and Lyles played.  

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m surprised you didn’t have Huntingdung in the 2A rankings.  Will be interesting to see how Union City does as well. 

Swenson will have them coached up, I'm sure.  He lost practically everyone that had an offensive stat off last year's team, so I wasn't sure how long it would take them to mature.

Union City is a mystery to me, but probably deserve to be there.   2A is much like 4A.   Alot of teams that probably were left out, but who do you push out to replace them with?