Friday Main Event 2021 preseason Top Fifteen!

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Thanks for the info.  I'll definitely be bumping them up tonight.   I wasn't sure how much the loss of Surber would set the Rebels back.

Surber was that safety and last line of defense.  We would always say on the broadcast that if your safety is making all the tackles, something is wrong.  As the year went on and those sophmores got to playing better up front, those safety tackles went down.  

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Swenson will have them coached up, I'm sure.  He lost practically everyone that had an offensive stat off last year's team, so I wasn't sure how long it would take them to mature.

Union City is a mystery to me, but probably deserve to be there.   2A is much like 4A.   Alot of teams that probably were left out, but who do you push out to replace them with?

I guess it all depends on how you look at a top 10 or top 15. If I was going to do a top 15 it would be the 15 teams in that class who would go the farthest in the playoffs. So if I thought a team would be first or second in their region they would more than likely be one of the 16 teams playing in the second round. I would start there. But some people would argue a 3 or 4 seed in another region might be better and just not go as far because of the region they play in. All depends on how you look at it. I think Huntingdung at 9-3 brings back a lot from that young team. Had they not turned the ball over 6 times their game with Moore Co would have been a lot closer. I think they will be one of the teams left in rd 3 this year. 

7 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've put out a preliminary top 15 in each class to generate some discussion.   The new classifications has made it especially hard this year!  We'll be "adjusting" these positions over the next couple of months as spring camps begin and we have more data to judge teams with:

https://fridaymainevent.com/top-fifteen/

I thank you have South Greene to high and Hampton to low.

11 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've put out a preliminary top 15 in each class to generate some discussion.   The new classifications has made it especially hard this year!  We'll be "adjusting" these positions over the next couple of months as spring camps begin and we have more data to judge teams with:

https://fridaymainevent.com/top-fifteen/

In 1A.. I’d move McKenzie up to 2nd and put Lake at 5. 

Peabody

McKenzie

Fayetteville

South Pitt

Lake County

Thats my preseason top 5

12 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Appreciate the input brother!   That's why I put this out early so you guys can fill me in on what I don't know.   

With the new classes and so much happening last year with Covid forfeits and stuff, this has been the toughest season to gauge who has what coming back.   I've watched alot of Hudl video, but covering 300 teams and NOT missing something is really tough to do.  Especially when it's just a part time hobby.   I really rely on you guys to keep me in the loop on teams out of my area.

Main event man you need to be asking Murphy.  He is the guru.  Not these self proclaimed gurus.  You think im joking but im not. 

14 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Surber did play qb till they decided to use the sophomore 

He did.  Cassidy was a little banged up with a shoulder injury the first two games of the year.  When he came in against you guys in the first game in the second half, that was his first snaps of the year. If he hadn’t gotten hurt, he would have started the whole way.