Friday Main Event 2021 preseason Top Fifteen!

FridayMainEvent

26 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

So no mcminn  county in 5a walker valley hasn't beaten us before so they have that weight on their shoulders. Rhea County will be our battle to win the region.   

The top 6 guys on your HUDL account and 8 of the top 9 (including stud Jalen Hunt) were seniors.   That was the basis for my positioning of the team.   I really don't have alot to go on especially since you guys got screwed out of the post season last year.   

I like the program and hope to see you guys do well.   Just a lot of unknown for me over here in Middle Tennessee.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

Just now, Haydiboy said:

Oh had no idea you were from mid Tennessee.   For some reason I thought you were a South Pittsburg  guy

I live close to Bell Buckle.  My kids went to Cascade years ago.  Now my Grandkids attend Community.   I've got alot of buddies over in South Pitt.   Good luck to you guys this season!

I am an Oak Ridge guy but live in Hixson (Chattanooga). Thanks for having faith in OR at this early part of the 2021 season. Personally, I would love for us to really be #4 in 5-A. However, I think that is too high.

The Wildcats do have some extremely talented athletes like Senior RB Kendall Jackson. Mr. Jackson has offers from Arizona State, Duke and Tennessee. Senior Jacob Berven, a GREAT high school level Linebacker but at 6-0 185 might be too small for Big  D1 football. Mr. Berven will deserve a shcolarship to a D - 1 school if given a chance. Finally, VictORy City ( Oak Ridge ) also is represented by maybe the top WR in Tennessee Brandon Heyward. Only a sophomore in the 2120 season he was a stud last season as a freshmen.

There are many good high school football players at Oak Ridge and the Wildcats will be tough but a lot of hard grindig work is ahead for OR.

RWR!

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I am an Oak Ridge guy but live in Hixson (Chattanooga). Thanks for having faith in OR at this early part of the 2021 season. Personally, I would love for us to really be #4 in 5-A. However, I think that is too high.

The Wildcats do have some extremely talented athletes like Senior RB Kendall Jackson. Mr. Jackson has offers from Arizona State, Duke and Tennessee. Senior Jacob Berven, a GREAT high school level Linebacker but at 6-0 185 might be too small for Big  D1 football. Mr. Berven will deserve a shcolarship to a D - 1 school if given a chance. Finally, VictORy City ( Oak Ridge ) also is represented by maybe the top WR in Tennessee Brandon Heyward. Only a sophomore in the 2120 season he was a stud last season as a freshmen.

There are many good high school football players at Oak Ridge and the Wildcats will be tough but a lot of hard grindig work is ahead for OR.

RWR!

Yes, losing some key lineman and a great senior QB will be tough to replace for sure.

I think Rhea should be alittle higher with all we have coming back and coming up. The offensive backfield will be fun to watch. We will know what we got early considering the first 4 teams were 42-7 with 1 state championship (Elizabethton) quarterfinalist (Corbin Ky) and Anderson Co and McMinn made it to the 2nd round.  
I think the region is a 3 horse race between Rhea WV and McMinn. Of course I’ve got think we are the favorite this early. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HILTONHEAD2020 said:

Riverdale has gotten much better last couple of years. Can they challenge Oakland?

Oakland should be stronger next year.   Most of the defense returns and the main cogs of the offense return.   They'll replace the QB and a couple of lineman, but they'll be a handful this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...