State Duals Predictions

WrestlingGod

1 hour ago, PackMentality said:

How do they seed the 8 teams? 

that is the million dollor question.

Cleveland and Wilson central placed last year, and that is typically what tssaa does. But, this is not a typical year. 

You have 

Science Hill

Summit

Oakland

Collierville

All were region champs.

Dobbyns Bennett and Bradley Region runner up.

As I see it, all three of last year's placers who are back will be seeded. (In sports with a sectional/sub-state round, no distinction is made between region winners and runners-up.) So Cleveland goes top half, Wilson and Bradley Centrals in the bottom half. The rest is random draw, except that Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett are separated because they come from the same region.

2 hours ago, PackMentality said:

How do they seed the 8 teams? 

From what I understand. WC and Cleveland will be separated. Bradley will be on the side with WC because Cleveland and Bradley are out of the same region. Science hill and DB will be separated as well. So one side of the Bracket will have WC, Bradley and either SH or DB. 

26 minutes ago, silverpie said:

As I see it, all three of last year's placers who are back will be seeded. (In sports with a sectional/sub-state round, no distinction is made between region winners and runners-up.) So Cleveland goes top half, Wilson and Bradley Centrals in the bottom half. The rest is random draw, except that Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett are separated because they come from the same region.

Correct about the placement but Bradley cant be seeded because they did not win their region which means there is a 50% chance that Bradley and WC wrestle in the first round on the bottom side of the bracket. If that happens it definitely opens the door to another team to finish top 3 that otherwise probably wouldn't. 

3 hours ago, goblue1 said:

Correct about the placement but Bradley cant be seeded because they did not win their region which means there is a 50% chance that Bradley and WC wrestle in the first round on the bottom side of the bracket. If that happens it definitely opens the door to another team to finish top 3 that otherwise probably wouldn't. 

There is no such requirement. Quoting from the Wrestling Regulations: “Teams which qualify for the state dual tournament who placed in the top four in the previous year’s state dual tournament, shall be seeded according to their previous year’s finish.” Nothing about winning the region. (This is in contrast to the rules for traditional state, where you do have to win the region to be seeded.)

But since Bradley is same-region with Cleveland, and there is no #4 seed (since Blackman did not qualify), it comes to the same thing.

36 minutes ago, silverpie said:

There is no such requirement. Quoting from the Wrestling Regulations: “Teams which qualify for the state dual tournament who placed in the top four in the previous year’s state dual tournament, shall be seeded according to their previous year’s finish.” Nothing about winning the region. (This is in contrast to the rules for traditional state, where you do have to win the region to be seeded.)

But since Bradley is same-region with Cleveland, and there is no #4 seed (since Blackman did not qualify), it comes to the same thing.

Bradley finished 3rd last year. He’s saying because they did not win their region they will not be seeded despite medaling last year.

And since Cleveland DID win their region they will be on the bottom side of the bracket and since there’s only 4 teams on the bottom there’s a 50/50 chance they’ll catch Wilson Central first round. Coach Pelky is right.

4 hours ago, goblue1 said:

Will they do a #2 in the region vs. #1 in the region automatically as 2 #1’s did not make the tourney or will they just seed the returning team medalist and do a random draw for the rest of the slots? This year is so different than pasts, has it been communicated to do one or the other?

Only Cleveland and Wilson are seeded, as returning medalists and region champs. Bradley goes opposite Cleveland and DB/SH are split. everything else is completely random. They won’t do a region winner vs runner up, atleast not on purpose. if it happens it will be random. with 8 teams i wish they would seed it legitimately but TSSAA won’t take the time to do that. 

Edited by Bump11

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Only Cleveland and Wilson are seeded, as returning medalists and region champs. Bradley goes opposite Cleveland and DB/SH are split. everything else is completely random. They won’t do a region winner vs runner up, atleast not on purpose. if it happens it will be random. with 8 teams i wish they would seed it legitimately but TSSAA won’t take the time to do that. 

How would you seed the final 8?

1 hour ago, GoTNwrestling said:

How would you seed the final 8?

the same way you would rank them or seed an invitational. Cleveland 1 and Wilson 2 based on last year and being region champs, then the other 6 just rank them 3-8. base it on head to head, significant wins and losses, strength of schedule, record, etc. just have a seeding meeting like we do for individual tournaments. 

Personally if i were to seed it, it would look something like this..

1 Cleveland vs 8 Collierville

4 Summit vs 5 Science Hill

3 Bradley vs 6 Dobyns

2 Wilson vs 7 Oakland

6 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

the same way you would rank them or seed an invitational. Cleveland 1 and Wilson 2 based on last year and being region champs, then the other 6 just rank them 3-8. base it on head to head, significant wins and losses, strength of schedule, record, etc. just have a seeding meeting like we do for individual tournaments. 

Personally if i were to seed it, it would look something like this..

1 Cleveland vs 8 Collierville

4 Summit vs 5 Science Hill

3 Bradley vs 6 Dobyns

2 Wilson vs 7 Oakland

When are the brackets expected to be out?