Most Appealing Job?

FuzzyFootballs44

1 hour ago, FuzzyFootballs44 said:

Alright guys, several jobs have opened up over the last couple of weeks. I would like to hear your thoughts on which is the best job.

IN NO ORDER:

1. Franklin

2. Blackman

3. University of Tennessee 

Depends on the caliber of coach you are .... Not much more stability at UT than Blackman, and the talent pool in Franklin is thin. So many privates in the area pulling top tier out of the public schools over there . I would Likely say in this order

1) Blackman  2 reasons Recruiting is not as tough a it is in Knoxville. (Your gonna loose playersto other schools either way currently  Oakland , Bama Ga) 2 Pressure is a little less than, but still expected to win

2) UT ... Money is there and its a numbers game... go in get paid... shake up the staff get two more years ...take the 5 years and roll with it. You have a great fan base.... but you still gotta win

3) Franklin... harder to keep talent, don seem to have the buy in of the programs importance at the top levels .  Fan base is  waning... 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Hmmmm.  

Making $5 million per year on a 5 year contract, vs. making public school teaching salary plus coaching supplement on a year by year contract.  

Yeah, that's really a tough choice.  

What??? Nobody coaches because of the pay... its about the love of the game and building character and turning boys into men and all that other Hoorah  stuff

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

What??? Nobody coaches because of the pay... its about the love of the game and building character and turning boys into men and all that other Hoorah  stuff

Not saying that coaches are all rocket scientists, but most aren't stupid, either.  

13 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Surely the Blaze of all schools would know better than tontry and pay coaches extra money under the table which is what you are insinuating 

Ironically that story went away... seems the sheriffs dept  closed the case and found nothing... also the gas allowance that was made a big todo of kinda  disappeared when they started looking at 3 busses for every out of town game.... plus the trainers all females were not allowed to ride on the busses with the players... so gas for that vehicle was supplied. But I digress...I am saying that what Alcoa, Maryville pay coaches and even what each High school in RuCo pays is not all equal... You want top tier coaching, you are not gonna get it for a 35k a year job and a 1500 dollar stipend.  I grew up in west Texas Mojo country.... I can tell you about high school recruiting that makes schools here,\ seem like choir boys.... Parents getting jobs in the oilfield making 10-15k more than they have ever made.... Renting houses for next to nothing on the country club golf course.... Senior  is season over..... layoffs begin, house is being sold.....6 months later the new kid in town has moved  in to your old house and daddy got a job doing the same thing..... People here worried about did the coach give a gift card to long horn steakhouse to another coach as a birthday gift from the booster club... or for mowing the field and practice field... Sad thing is he was a really good coach that got in a game of "See who has the most clout" and lost. Not saying hide anything under the table... just pay good coaches and teachers what they are worth... period!

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 1