Sycamore Open Again

topnight

14 minutes ago, Cheeseman said:

A head coach should be a full time employee.  There are viable applicants, but with the situation as is, anyone who is serious about winning, and knows how, wont have the resources to do so.

Yeah I have heard of some 1A schools not paying but only 2 assistants but at a 3A school that just wont cut it if you're trying to bring quality coaches in. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, thefootballguru said:

Yeah I have heard of some 1A schools not paying but only 2 assistants but at a 3A school that just wont cut it if you're trying to bring quality coaches in. 

It's all about commitment. You shouldn't expect to hire and retain (for a long period) a "difference maker" type coach if you only provide minimal support from above. Great coaches maximize their resources and community, but there's a limit to what can be achieved without help.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

It's all about commitment. You shouldn't expect to hire and retain (for a long period) a "difference maker" type coach if you only provide minimal support from above. Great coaches maximize their resources and community, but there's a limit to what can be achieved without help.

This is a very true statement. 

On 2/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, thefootballguru said:

I know a young guy who was very interested in this job and applied was told they wanted a certified teacher.

They only way that a school would bring a non certified teacher in as "head coach" is to name one of the teachers on staff as head coach in name only and they would have to be at practice and games...etc while the non certified teacher could call all the shots for the football team they could not have the head coach title.  I think Pickett County did this a few years back or may still do it.