2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

57 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

In my mind, I'm sitting at the Dixie Freeze on a Saturday night.

Good list of players, good memories.

Dixie Freeze also a great sponsor for so many years!! I've sat there for so many years watching and talking to so many people and eating a dagwood burger and large coke !! Great, great times!! I miss them!!

4 hours ago, sportman said:

I wish I had taken or someone would have taken pictures of all the older thing's in SP. All these business , well most of them were essential in building SP and that includes the football team. I remember Packys Pizza, Elmore's and Thriftway Drugs,  in that area.  I think all of this pertains to the sports venue, but we're just talking older day's here and letting other people know a little more history about SP . It's better than all the crap talk we've heard alot on here anyways. BTW, Bass, did you ever eat at the snack bar in Elmore's?  I had many hamburgers and milkshakes there. Also had many from Jimmy Lewis place there on the front street of town. What was his place called? I can't remember but Mrs. Barnes worked there and was later our cafeteria head lady at the elementary school. Never went to Romine's but had two great friends killed by that place. Andrew Winter's was the constable doing a raid there and he and another constable or policeman were killed by a drunk driver that ran into them on side of the road there and Steve Murray that I went to school with got behind a car turning in there to Romine's and he hit his brake's fast and slid into the opposite lane in front of a semi that killed him instantly there right by that building. It had been raining that day and I was working in downtown SP at that time and waved at him as he was coming through town that day and he was headed to Kimball to work and that was about 1 minute before he got killed. Still tears me up. But, also there's alot of good memories living in SP and all the History!! 

LRDAO.... Sportman I garuntee that Lewis mans drug store was called Anderson Drug.  He was right beside that stroup mans store. I garuntee I drank many of milkshakes in there.  That romines mans place I garuntee could get wild.  They advertised for selling fish but they wasnt much fish sold.  You think im joking but im not. 

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... Sportman I garuntee that Lewis mans drug store was called Anderson Drug.  He was right beside that stroup mans store. I garuntee I drank many of milkshakes in there.  That romines mans place I garuntee could get wild.  They advertised for selling fish but they wasnt much fish sold.  You think im joking but im not. 

Thanks Roy. I couldn't remember that name for anything and I stayed in there a lot, well when I had money which was rare.  I thought I was bigtime on that counter drinking those milkshakes. I know that woman at Romines could whip most men!!! 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sportman said:

Thanks Roy. I couldn't remember that name for anything and I stayed in there a lot, well when I had money which was rare.  I thought I was bigtime on that counter drinking those milkshakes. I know that woman at Romines could whip most men!!! 

LRDAO....i garuntee I had my tires cut one time at romines.  You think im joking but im not. 

32 minutes ago, sportman said:

She could boot their butts out into U.S. 72 with one bounce!

10 hours ago, sportman said:

Andrew Winter's was the constable doing a raid there and he and another constable or policeman were killed by a drunk driver that ran into them on side of the road there 

Did they ever catch that drunk driver?  I remember hearing about that somewhere for some reason.  I also remember hearing about a deadly knife fight too.  

Barkers, Halls Jewelry, Everett's 5 and 10, Sartins Drugs, Kuhns, Monroes Pool hall, Stroops, Western Auto, Anderson Drugs, Economy Hardware, Bargain Store, Patton Hotel, Phillips Hardware, Jimmy Humbles Filling station, The Home Store, Waltons Furniture,  Walker Ford, Gentry Chevrolet, Biships Exon, Marion Hardware, The Moon Glow, The Spur, Princess, Paul's Food Market, The Cocola Plant, Richard Paynes Barber Shop....Probably missed some but these were the places I remember on front street growing up. Also Vernon Choates and Ben Suttons Black Smith Shop across Alley along with Kelly Merimans Hardware 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, team69 said:

Barkers, Halls Jewelry, Everett's 5 and 10, Sartins Drugs, Kuhns, Monroes Pool hall, Stroops, Western Auto, Anderson Drugs, Economy Hardware, Bargain Store, Patton Hotel, Phillips Hardware, Jimmy Humbles Filling station, The Home Store, Waltons Furniture,  Walker Ford, Gentry Chevrolet, Biships Exon, Marion Hardware, The Moon Glow, The Spur, Princess, Paul's Food Market, The Cocola Plant, Richard Paynes Barber Shop....Probably missed some but these were the places I remember on front street growing up. Also Vernon Choates and Ben Suttons Black Smith Shop across Alley along with Kelly Merimans Hardware 

You left out Penn Dixie Cement Plant. I’ve got a better one. How many bank names can you remember in SP where The Tower Man has his bank now? 

First Bank, Citizens State Bank, Sovron, Nation’s, Pioneer Bank, Amsouth, Peoples State Bank of Commerce.. Any I am forgetting?

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You left out Penn Dixie Cement Plant. I’ve got a better one. How many bank names can you remember in SP where The Tower Man has his bank now? 

First Bank, Citizens State Bank, Sovron, Nation’s, Pioneer Bank, Amsouth, Peoples State Bank of Commerce.. Any I am forgetting?

Penn Dixie was in Richard City

1st National Bank where City Hall is now.

Mell Warren's store across from SVEC. Cleppers Court Motel

Miss the old Down Town as it's long gone. Cedar Ave was alive at one time. Sadly now, we have Walmart.