2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

30 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

I’m not sure his style of offense that he has ran for the past 10 years would fit in at SP. I’ve been wrong before

I was referencing him going to Scottsboro but if he were an option for SP I still think It would be a homerun hire. I do see what your saying about his style of offense but his record speaks for itself.    There are some interesting things going on behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

35 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I was referencing him going to Scottsboro but if he were an option for SP I still think It would be a homerun hire. I do see what your saying about his style of offense but his record speaks for itself.    There are some interesting things going on behind the scenes. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Yeah I’m hearing all kinds of things.  I will put my faith in the committee to make the right choice for the kids.  That is first priority.  

14 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

OP your giving away top secret Intel that only those jailhouse fellars know.  

1i, Old Pirate laughed so hard this here morning wondering bout them Jasper Jailhouse High fellers yapping of this here great awakening! Turns out they’d got rumor a feller was testing his line in another pond. LOPAO 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

11 hours ago, piratetom said:

Interesting read from The Clarion Newspaper

At tonight's Scottsboro Board of Education meeting, the board voted on the recommendation for the next head football coach. A committee of five, comprised of members of the community and the school system, recommended Brad Waggoner for the position. Waggoner is the current Defensive Coordinator at South Pittsburg. Dr. Reyes made the recommendation to the board, which was voted down with a 3-2 vote. Board members Patricia Stewart, Lee Benson and Gary Speers voted no, while Board members Patrick Woosley and Jason Williams voted yes.

Sounds like those three that voted it down have someone already in mind they want.  I guess if you can sway the board you can pretty much get who you want. Guess that is how it's done, but I don't like the process at all. Should be more than just a few that can dictate what they want. 

1 minute ago, sportman said:

Sounds like those three that voted it down have someone already in mind they want.  I guess if you can sway the board you can pretty much get who you want. Guess that is how it's done, but I don't like the process at all. Should be more than just a few that can dictate what they want. 

Keep in mind that the Marion County School Board has members on it from Jasper and Whitwell as well.  Anything the board knows will get leaked.

• Like 1

Dad burnit, ain’t nothing wrong with a feller looking fer a better fitting pair of trousers with bigger pockets! Leastways them turd pushers from around the Jailhouse are laughable at best! The Captain jest might have the sort of bated line suitable fer them Fellers down under. Plus it ain’t fer from the skillet slinger.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

48 minutes ago, TNValleyScoop said:

I got some kinfolk that way and they said it was because of a board member son plays on team and she wants a coach that’s on staff... Scottsboro has not kept a coach more than 3-4 years in a long long time.... Back when I was in high school I think a Morris guy was head dude down there... The Tidmore guy that was at south Pitt as assistant from down there and they ran him out of there...  Political place and have not been relevant in awhile .... some wanted Fyffe guy to apply there and heard he wanted no part of their shenanigans 

Just what I thought. If I were a coach I'd run as far away from that place as possible. If your going you better get a good contract because like you say in about 2-3 year's that coach will be gone and either Mommy or Daddy is going to want someone else to coach little Jr.  No pun at Whitwell, but I'd take that job and a lower pay than go to Alabama in the first place.