2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

7 hours ago, Spfan2011 said:

I personally feel like the Murphy game will be twice the competition that MC would have been. The team actually something to prove by beating a powerhouse than saying we beat MC that hasn’t played the the trophy for quite sometime. Reguardless I could care less if SP and MC play again. Just my .02

If you want to go off the last 10 years, both programs have been to the title game 3 times a piece. If you bump it back 11 years, SP has been 4 times compared to MC's 3. :thumb: 

Last year MC gave sp 3hrs notice on cancelling the game and had 2 opportunities to reschedule and did not.  Most from Jasper said there was no need they were focused on playoffs etc and that the game served no purpose.  Sp has given MC 4 months to find a replacement game not 3hrs. On top of that you have what according to TSSAA was three accusations one being true two being false that was turned in from another school ( most blame MC wether it was them idk but that is were the blame lies at least in the eyes of Sp fans )  adding even more animosity. I personally would like to see the game played but I do understand the reasoning behind it and feel Jones replaced that game with some very good competition in Murphy.   Imo all is fair call us chickens scared whatever but at the end of the day the Pirates need to focus on winning a championship and not worried about those jailhouse fellars up the road. Jones has some major plans for the program at SP and I am very excited to see what the future holds. 

Edited by oneyewilly
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Last year MC gave sp 3hrs notice on cancelling the game and had 2 opportunities to reschedule and did not.  Most from Jasper said there was no need they were focused on playoffs etc and that the game served no purpose.  Sp has given MC 4 months to find a replacement game not 3hrs. On top of that you have what according to TSSAA was three accusations one being true two being false that was turned in from another school ( most blame MC wether it was them idk but that is were the blame lies at least in the eyes of Sp fans )  adding even more animosity. I personally would like to see the game played but I do understand the reasoning behind it and feel Jones replaced that game with some very good competition in Murphy.   Imo all is fare call us chickens scared whatever but at the end of the day the Pirates need to focus on winning a championship and not worried about those jailhouse fellars up the road. Jones has some major plans for the program at SP and I am very excited to see what the future holds. 

I saw where the MC administration has addressed the accusation by Jones in the paper that MC turned them in. Calling it libelous. They've asked sp to be proactive and correct that. It's my understanding that the buyout was talked about being waived but I doubt that now.

17 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I saw where the MC administration has addressed the accusation by Jones in the paper that MC turned them in. Calling it libelous. They've asked sp to be proactive and correct that. It's my understanding that the buyout was talked about being waived but I doubt that now.

I guess Keef has a short memory and forgot about the accusations he made surrounding the paint gate and who he accused.  Last I checked he never apologized 

I guess TSSAA are the only ones that can clear this up......