2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

8 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Purplegrad apologized....... Could be anyone. 

PurpleGrad posted the comments in 2013 that required an apology. That could have been anyone according to your logic...

Old Pirate, Roy Dillard, PirateMike, PirateTom, RLH, Drunken Sailor, D60, PegLeg and a whole host of long-time SP posters know... 

7 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, Ifin a feller is constantly spewing lies, he is a liar by trade. Facts fer the uneducated. South Pittsburg leads the series 52-40-4, having won 12 of the past 14 meetings, including five straight, while winning the last three by an average of 54-10. Figure any skillet head can figure out this feller is full of mess & been wearing them Rose Colored Glasses fer way too long. OP says, It sounds as if Jones done & got rid of a weak opponent & was willing to travel out of state while loosing a huge gate in order to upgrade the schedule! BTW, Last year would certainly created a wider margin & another lop sided score. That Pruit man knowd it too as well as the Administration & fans! YepReconSo 

Had a little time on my hands so I decided to do a deep dive on the rivalry. I'm and old head, so some of this was new information to me. 

The series stands at 52-40 right now in favor of SP. 

- SP has led the series for its entire existence with the exception of 1932-36 when MC held an 8-3 lead. 

- SP has won 2 games or more in a row 12 times.

There longest streaks where:

5 (1933-37)

4 (1941-43 played twice in one year)

6 (1946. 1949-53)

4 (1962-65) 

4 (1974-77)

8 (2006-13)

4 (2016-2020) 

- MC was down in the rivalry 32-17 going into the year of 1978. From 1978-1995 MC went 16-2 in that time span (put that in your pipe and smoke it OP :thumb:) to bring the series to 34-33 SP. 

- MC has won 2 games or more in a row 9 times. 

Their longest streaks where: 

6 (1927-32) 

8 (1978-85) 

8 (88-95) 

Fun Facts

In 1985 SP was the state runner up and lost to MC 35-21.

In 2016 MC was the state runner up and lost to SP 24-17. This was the second best game of all time in the series that I have been able to witness during my lifetime. 

In 1994, both teams won the state in their classifications, SP in 1A and MC in 3A. When both teams met that year, MC came out on top 6-0, thanks to some guy named Eric Westmorland who returned a Perry Hutchins INT for the only points of the game. This game is hands down the best game of all time in the series in my opinion. 

I was alive but not old enough to really comprehend what was taking place in the 1969 game. My dad and the majority of the really old folks are of the opinion that this was the best game of all time. SP won 28-22 in a close one. This was also the first year they won the state championship. 

An honorable mention would be the 2004 game, where Scott Wilson went streaking down the field to put the Warriors up with less than a minute left in a 27-22 MC victory. Some folks say he and Eric are still running till this day :roflolk:

MC best class since they began playing football went a total of 56-1 over the span of 4 years and won state 3 of the 4 years in 2 different classifications (2A and 3A) 

SP has had some classes with some good runs but I am unsure of which had the highest win total. Need some of you Pirates fans to enlighten us on this. 

Hope you guys enjoy this, and hopefully this gives some of the outsiders like BPM and others some info on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PurpleGrad said:

PurpleGrad posted the comments in 2013 that required an apology. That could have been anyone according to your logic...

Old Pirate, Roy Dillard, PirateMike, PirateTom, RLH, Drunken Sailor, D60, PegLeg and a whole host of long-time SP posters know... 

That is exactly what I said purpleGrad apologized in 2013. Heck I could make an account that said Chris Jones and apologize on coachT.  

I mean just because keef says no one at MCHS reported Sp doesn’t make it truth. I mean he did accuse Sp during the paint scandle and it happened to be his own coaches. He was wrong then.....is he now? Only TSSAA knows who actually reported it.  

I personally would love to see the game still played but I do understand the reasoning behind it and honestly it may be the best thing for both programs in the end. 

13 hours ago, BustedCoverage said:

If they are another Alcoa im not sure what benefit you would gain by playing a team like that. I wont pretend to know anything about Murphy so just speculating with that. The Marion game should be played. Its grown up adults who hold grudges are the reason it isn't being played. Long story short they don't want to get beat it would seem. It was stated here Marion was Yellow for not playing South Pitt. Now it can be easily stated that the Pitt staff are the Yellow culprits of the Chris Jones Era. I wouldn't have posted but after reading all the ignorant things said from alot of the Pitt fans about Marion it absolutely should be said . They stepped in it now they should wear it proudly.

Behold the Chris Jones era.

I don't think Murphy is close to a Alcoa but will be a good test for both teams without all the drama jasper would bring.As far as Coach Jones and Staff they are far from yellow.Maybe from jaspers past history of crying Wolf when they themselves Were the wolves,Jones is worried jasper may take their head dress full of chicken feathers off their own heads and set fire to them and blame it on some innocent school kids from South Pittsburg again.                                        Yep Recon So

42 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Had a little time on my hands so I decided to do a deep dive on the rivalry. I'm and old head, so some of this was new information to me. 

The series stands at 52-40 right now in favor of SP. 

- SP has led the series for its entire existence with the exception of 1932-36 when MC held an 8-3 lead. 

- SP has won 2 games or more in a row 12 times.

There longest streaks where:

5 (1933-37)

4 (1941-43 played twice in one year)

6 (1946. 1949-53)

4 (1962-65) 

4 (1974-77)

8 (2006-13)

4 (2016-2020) 

- MC was down in the rivalry 32-17 going into the year of 1978. From 1978-1995 MC went 16-2 in that time span (put that in your pipe and smoke it OP :thumb:) to bring the series to 34-33 SP. 

- MC has won 2 games or more in a row 9 times. 

Their longest streaks where: 

6 (1927-32) 

8 (1978-85) 

8 (88-95) 

Fun Facts

In 1985 SP was the state runner up and lost to MC 35-21.

In 2016 MC was the state runner up and lost to SP 24-17. This was the second best game of all time in the series that I have been able to witness during my lifetime. 

In 1994, both teams won the state in their classifications, SP in 1A and MC in 3A. When both teams met that year, MC came out on top 6-0, thanks to some guy named Eric Westmorland who returned a Perry Hutchins INT for the only points of the game. This game is hands down the best game of all time in the series in my opinion. 

I was alive but not old enough to really comprehend what was taking place in the 1969 game. My dad and the majority of the really old folks are of the opinion that this was the best game of all time. SP won 28-22 in a close one. This was also the first year they won the state championship. 

An honorable mention would be the 2004 game, where Scott Wilson went streaking down the field to put the Warriors up with less than a minute left in a 27-22 MC victory. Some folks say he and Eric are still running till this day :roflolk:

MC best class since they began playing football went a total of 56-1 over the span of 4 years and won state 3 of the 4 years in 2 different classifications (2A and 3A) 

SP has had some classes with some good runs but I am unsure of which had the highest win total. Need some of you Pirates fans to enlighten us on this. 

Hope you guys enjoy this, and hopefully this gives some of the outsiders like BPM and others some info on it.

Good stuff Old Faithful. That was a good read. One of my favorites was the 1980 game at sp. Troy Womack scrambling for a TD in the 4th qtr and Leroy Garner for the xp to give MC a 7-6 win. Colquette's first year at the helm. 

I went to watch a friend's son play a scrimmage a few years back at sp. Sat with some old pirates that I had never met before and they were talking about the '69 game being a classic. MC held a sizeable lead late but Wigfall took over the game. They said any of the 3 county teams could've been state champs that year they were so equal.

• Like 1

Coach Jones has every right to do whatever he pleases with the schedule. It’s his team now. However, I still do not and will never understand this decision. Sometimes, adults can get in the way of kids memories.   The rivalry has always been heated. There have been blowouts on both sides. I’ve heard some people say it just doesn’t mean as much anymore. I don’t understand that reasoning. Look back just a few years ago when Kenemore caught the game winning touchdown over his great friend Hale. Look at the crowd surrounding the track rows deep at that game. Watch their reactions as he brings in the td pass on the double move. If you pull it up on YouTube, you see doctors, lawyers, admin, etc. pumping their arms in the air with passion. Why? An amazing play was just made to beat the county rival. So, to me as a fan, and to the players it does mean a lot. I also don’t understand it from a financial stand point. Pirates are playing North Jackson at their place and Murphy at their place coming off a Covid year where we already lost big gates in Jasper and Red Bank. What team is going to bring in the big money gate this year? At the end of the day, I’ll always bleed orange and black and support our boys.I think Coach Jones will do great things here. I just wish that we would continue a rivalry the young kids in the peewees look forward to playing in. Go pirates!

Edited by powerp
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

That is exactly what I said purpleGrad apologized in 2013. Heck I could make an account that said Chris Jones and apologize on coachT.  

I mean just because keef says no one at MCHS reported Sp doesn’t make it truth. I mean he did accuse Sp during the paint scandle and it happened to be his own coaches. He was wrong then.....is he now? Only TSSAA knows who actually reported it.  

I personally would love to see the game still played but I do understand the reasoning behind it and honestly it may be the best thing for both programs in the end. 

SP was turned in multiple times. This is a fact

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Coach Jones has every right to do whatever he pleases with the schedule. It’s his team now. However, I still do not and will never understand this decision. Sometimes, adults can get in the way of kids memories.   The rivalry has always been heated. There have been blowouts on both sides. I’ve heard some people say it just doesn’t mean as much anymore. I don’t understand that reasoning. Look back just a few years ago when Kenemore caught the game winning touchdown over his great friend Hale. Look at the crowd surrounding the track rows deep at that game. Watch their reactions as he brings in the td pass on the double move. If you pull it up on YouTube, you see doctors, lawyers, admin, etc. pumping their arms in the air with passion. Why? An amazing play was just made to beat the county rival. So, to me as a fan, and to the players it does mean a lot. I also don’t understand it from a financial stand point. Pirates are playing North Jackson at their place and Murphy at their place coming off a Covid year where we already lost big gates in Jasper and Red Bank. What team is going to bring in the big money gate this year? At the end of the day, I’ll always bleed orange and black and support our boys.I think Coach Jones will do great things here. I just wish that we would continue a rivalry the young kids in the peewees look forward to playing in. Go pirates!

Good post and agree with you 100%  

11 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Purplegrad apologized....... Could be anyone. 

9 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Youngun... Which one of these skillet heads told you that Keef said something that needed an apology? Or did you read that on that Nosey Book Pirate Fan Page?

Accusations were posted on CoachT in 2013. An apology was posted on CoachT in 2013. Nothing more to be said about the past. If you know... you know... 

I'm guessing Ol' Keef is gonna be like the Boogey Man... He's gonna be the legend that you skillet heads tell campfire stories about to the future skillet heads for generations to come... Yep recon so...