2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

4 hours ago, PFL30 said:

Reschedule meigs, schedule Peabody, even Alcoa. Don’t try to be all big and tough when everyone knows that we won’t score on them and we won’t stop them. Every single drive for them will be 1 play. I love SP but this isn’t the way to prove that we’re good. This is torture for the players 

I was told Meigs County refused to play. SP tried keeping this game going

38 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

We look forward to seeing the next RB star at UT...hopefully.  It’s on a Thursday?  Interesting. 

I’m surprised you can make comments like that in today’s world and still remain out of Coacht jail.  

The guy that backs him up could start for most teams in this state. Not a big fan of it being a thursday after a big rivalry game like Riverdale, but I'm just glad our players will get to play a 10th game

6 hours ago, piratetom said:

65F5B077-9E19-4E32-BB62-12A27CBC07E0.jpeg

Kudos to the Pirates for stepping it up...WAY up. Those young men are gonna be battle tested for sure come playoffs. Only thing I don't like about this is it's so close to end of regular season...injuries and all. I remember thinking back from '13 through '18..why the heck is Mitchell playing Whitehaven. But, if you look back, Mitchell did well repping 2A each year, especially in '16 when they lost 33-0 to Whitehaven...then Whitehaven ended up beating Oakland in state 12-9. I think Mitchell got put out in quarters maybe to Trez. Anyway, very interesting the new coach is dropping the gauntlet from jump...I like it personally. Good luck on the season Pirates(hat is tipped)!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TCnation said:

Kudos to the Pirates for stepping it up...WAY up. Those young men are gonna be battle tested for sure come playoffs. Only thing I don't like about this is it's so close to end of regular season...injuries and all. I remember thinking back from '13 through '18..why the heck is Mitchell playing Whitehaven. But, if you look back, Mitchell did well repping 2A each year, especially in '16 when they lost 33-0 to Whitehaven...then Whitehaven ended up beating Oakland in state 12-9. I think Mitchell got put out in quarters maybe to Trez. Anyway, very interesting the new coach is dropping the gauntlet from jump...I like it personally. Good luck on the season Pirates(hat is tipped)!

No doubt we stepped up big time . This game will definitely prepare us for more than anything we will see in the playoffs. Hopefully we can avoid a major injury. Thanks and good look to you guys as well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Y’all cancel us, what you’re coach is doing is just plain stupid !!!!! 

I wouldn't say it's stupid. Ballsy? Most definitely. Injuries are a concern of course with many 1A players having to go both ways. Maybe the coach has an underlying goal of getting his players exposed to big time comp, thus exposure to colleges/recruiting? Just a thought. Regardless, I'm impressed with his mission

12 minutes ago, TCnation said:

I wouldn't say it's stupid. Ballsy? Most definitely. Injuries are a concern of course with many 1A players having to go both ways. Maybe the coach has an underlying goal of getting his players exposed to big time comp, thus exposure to colleges/recruiting? Just a thought. Regardless, I'm impressed with his mission

You say ballsy, I said suicide. This ain’t pro league this is high school just hope no of the kids get hurt. You pick your poison and your punishment. SMH 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bushog02 said:

You say ballsy, I said suicide. This ain’t pro league this is high school just hope no of the kids get hurt. You pick your poison and your punishment. SMH 

No, I said ballsy, you said stupid. Suicide remains to be seen. But your point is taken and understood my friend

11 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Not saying your boys ain’t tough but to me that’s suicide. 

The Pirates mercy rule teams.Is that suicide? I think it will be good for them to play with the big boys.You don't improve very much just riding roughshod over teams nearly every week.You learn from a game such as this.I tell you one thing the team is excited to have this game.

9 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I guess the real question is why would Oakland schedule SP??  

Before my freshman year there were no classifications.To win the State you played the best of the best.SP never won the state but played some really good teams and even held their own against many.I still believe this is a good thing not a bad one.It will be a mercy rule game after halftime but I believe we will play hard until the final gun.Will save some money on the cannon balls also.