2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

19 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Why does Oakland schedule a 1A school? What do they get out of it besides resting starters and building up their stats? 

They already torched one 1A school a couple of years ago. 

They more than likely have trouble getting games 

25 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Why does Oakland schedule a 1A school? What do they get out of it besides resting starters and building up their stats? 

Catholic did the same thing with coalfield. Neither team got anything out of those beat downs. I can only imagine similar outcome here. 

36 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Oakland really doesn't get anything out of the game but some work for younger players, but keep in mind Oakland also has two top rated schools from out of state scheduled  that will give them some real work. If I am SP coach I am amping my players up for this one and telling them" This is a measuring stick against a top 25 team in the country.  Lets go find out how we stack up!"

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Oakland really doesn't get anything out of the game but some work for younger players, but keep in mind Oakland also has two top rated schools from out of state scheduled  that will give them some real work. If I am SP coach I am amping my players up for this one and telling them" This is a measuring stick against a top 25 team in the country.  Lets go find out how we stack up!"

1 hour ago, crow said:

Catholic did the same thing with coalfield. Neither team got anything out of those beat downs. I can only imagine similar outcome here. 

It is a way to get the 1A players injured. Oakland is going to start out with starters. Even if they play their 100 boys on the sidelines they will have fresh boys coming in against a very weary SP team. 

I would have done without a game than to schedule this. 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Yeah I agree.  If we can keep it competitive for even a quarter we have done well in my opinion.  Even Oakland’s second and third team we will probably struggle with but we will get a more competitive game out of them rather than the Grundy Co game originally scheduled in its place.  It’s a measuring stick from an athletic standpoint, but also a great test for our new coaches.  I assure you we won’t be the same one-note SP team of the past couple of years.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

It is a way to get the 1A players injured. Oakland is going to start out with starters. Even if they play their 100 boys on the sidelines they will have fresh boys coming in against a very weary SP team. 

I would have done without a game than to schedule this. 

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yeah I agree.  If we can keep it competitive for even a quarter we have done well in my opinion.  Even Oakland’s second and third team we will probably struggle with but we will get a more competitive game out of them rather than the Grundy Co game originally scheduled in its place.  It’s a measuring stick from an athletic standpoint, but also a great test for our new coaches.  I assure you we won’t be the same one-note SP team of the past couple of years.  

Exactly PM......yes I've seen comments about injuries and all that but a player can get injured in practice. 

Better competition makes SP better in the long run. Be competitive in these new scheduled games or win one and watch what happens.

The new coaches have a reason for doing what they've did.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe instead of asking why Oakland scheduled SP, ask why they had to resort to doing so because most coaches would rather look good on paper instead of challenging their team. SP has more guts than most 5A, 6A and DII 

I am a big Coach Creasy fan but I question this move. TC played both Lebanon and Gallatin. We are in the same area so it was a good way to make a good gate.

Oakland has no history with SP. Creasy does but not Oakland. 

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe instead of asking why Oakland scheduled SP, ask why they had to resort to doing so because most coaches would rather look good on paper instead of challenging their team. SP has more guts than most 5A, 6A and DII programs

Well said. We have had  similar issues scheduling teams more our size in the past. With that said, our boys are very excited for the chance to go toe to toe with the best team in Tennessee. They will lay it on the line with their best efforts. Individual matchups will be key to having a little success.