2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Oakland has scheduled 1 game a year to sort of catch their breathe a little bit, this probably still does that for them and has some intrigue to produce better gates. just my thoughts

Well, it is at S.P.  so it won't help Oakland's gate this year.

55 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

For the sake of conversation let’s say you are correct. Why then would he go to Gatlinburg-Pittman??

He would go to GP to be a HC again, he wanted SP job, didn’t get it then was set to be a defensive assistant at Rome(GA) just to end up as HC at GP

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Oakland has scheduled 1 game a year to sort of catch their breathe a little bit, this probably still does that for them and has some intrigue to produce better gates. just my thoughts

Oakland has scheduled Republic and kenwood in the last few years, south Pitt looks better and sales better 

12 hours ago, Southtowner said:

1 year deal is what the little birdy in my ear chirped.  

Ok then it is a bit surprising then. But the thought is still the same, SP give Oakland a better name to put on the schedule compared to republic or kenwood, but should do the same thing for them. 

26 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Ok then it is a bit surprising then. But the thought is still the same, SP give Oakland a better name to put on the schedule compared to republic or kenwood, but should do the same thing for them. 

Our boys are very excited about this game. It's not about what the final scoreboard says in this one. We are looking for small victories in  one on one matchups. Can our D1 lineman actually knock heads with a D1 lineman directly in front of him, can our talented receivers find holes against D1 defensive backs, can our QB read a defense full of D1 playmakers and make concise quick decisions? This will tell us a lot more about ourselves than winning two weeks in a row by a combined 130 to 6 score. As long as we can avoid a major injury, I'm beginning to see value in this game after speaking with Coach Jones and others.

Edited by piratetom
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Our boys are very excited about this game. It's not about what the final scoreboard says in this one. We are looking for small victories in  one on one matchups. Can our D1 lineman actually knock heads with a D1 lineman directly in front of him, can our talented receivers find holes against D1 defensive backs, can our QB read a defense full of D1 playmakers and make concise quick decisions? This will tell us a lot more about ourselves than winning two weeks in a row by a combined 130 to 6 score. As long as we can avoid a major injury, I'm beginning to see value in this game after speaking with Coach Jones and others.

Its too bad the TSSAA doesn't give teams the option of doing a dressed pre-season dressed scrimmage with refs etc. in lieu of going to the Jamboree and giving up one of the regular style August scrimmages.  Then again, Phil Beene's Pirates knocked off Knox Powell in 1963 and it was a similar kind of match up playing the largest unbeaten school in the state in The Civitan Bowl.

Edited by rlh
  • Upvote 1