2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Thanks.  I've been looking for this.

Does anyone know if Sale Creek will have their own home field this year?  

@The Drunken Sailor

No problem.  I had to ask for it because I hadn’t seen the updated version either.  I was thinking the answer about Sale Creek was yes, but with the pandemic who knows what they were able to get completed.  

21 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I don't see any reason that their stadium won't be ready in time.

129673485_2841053416106139_7735282182286

160516027_2916333805244766_6822425866068

Did you drive up there and take these pics, or pull them from somewhere?  It looks ready now.  Remember we played at Signal Mountain and it wasn’t fully completed.  It will be better than playing in the outfield of Grace Academy.  Speaking of Grace did they rebuild after the big tornado?

3 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Did you drive up there and take these pics, or pull them from somewhere?  It looks ready now.  Remember we played at Signal Mountain and it wasn’t fully completed.  It will be better than playing in the outfield of Grace Academy.  Speaking of Grace did they rebuild after the big tornado?

These pics were on the net. There's a building that looks about completed also. I'm assuming it's the restroom/ticket booth.  This is going to be good for Sale Creek. They won't have to drive to different places to play home games and they won't have to pay to rent Finley.

I remember going to signal.  Restrooms hadn't been built so everyone was using the port-a-potty. I think the team dressed in a tent as well. 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Not to jump on ya’lls thread, but since you asked: Sale Creek’s stadium will be ready this fall. Its not at Sale Creek High School though, it’s located on Industrial Blvd beside North Hamilton County Elementary. The field will be getting a lot of work done this summer but it’s basically ready as the field has actually been in place for 3 years. Home bleachers and press box are finished as you see in the pictures. The field house, which contains the restrooms for the stadium, concession stand, and home and visitor locker rooms is finished. This summer the visitor bleachers, perimeter fencing, and additional parking will be completed. We are looking forward to finally playing real home games in what will be our 9th season. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SaleCreekFootball said:

Not to jump on ya’lls thread, but since you asked: Sale Creek’s stadium will be ready this fall. Its not at Sale Creek High School though, it’s located on Industrial Blvd beside North Hamilton County Elementary. The field will be getting a lot of work done this summer but it’s basically ready as the field has actually been in place for 3 years. Home bleachers and press box are finished as you see in the pictures. The field house, which contains the restrooms for the stadium, concession stand, and home and visitor locker rooms is finished. This summer the visitor bleachers, perimeter fencing, and additional parking will be completed. We are looking forward to finally playing real home games in what will be our 9th season. 

Good news... Welcome to CoachT

17 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Good news... Welcome to CoachT

Thank you. I have been an avid reader of these boards for many years, I even had an account once but very rarely posted anything. I wanted to reply here and couldn’t remember my log in information because I haven’t posted in years, so I created a new account. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SaleCreekFootball said:

Thank you. I have been an avid reader of these boards for many years, I even had an account once but very rarely posted anything. I wanted to reply here and couldn’t remember my log in information because I haven’t posted in years, so I created a new account. 

Sale Creek should have had a football program 40 years ago.  I think they would have fielded some great teams.  I expect them to breakout one of these years and pull a Whitwell, but with staying power.

4 hours ago, SaleCreekFootball said:

Good to hear.  I know that it will be a relief for a lot of people that have had to work hard to find other places to play.  And it will be good for the kids and the fans to have a place to call home.    

I like coach Cox and how he does things.  I wish you guys luck, hopefully this stadium will be the beginning of a long road of success. 

4 hours ago, SaleCreekFootball said:

Welcome to this website. My name is Roy and I help Murphy with his Murphy Fair book.  Has that Cox man filled out his survey?