2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

44 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Why do you think he quit?  Didn't want to face us!

Just kidding.  He had a great career.  I would have liked to have gone up against him but I'm sure they have someone waiting in the wings.  

Here is a article from the Asheville paper 

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/sports/high-school/hshuddle/2021/06/08/murphy-football-coach-david-gentry-retirement-north-carolina-high-school/7601761002/

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Dang.  I wanted to beat the winningest coach!

51 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Why do you think he quit?  Didn't want to face us!

Just kidding.  He had a great career.  I would have liked to have gone up against him but I'm sure they have someone waiting in the wings.  

Only a few short years and Murphy will be consolidated.  I guess Gentry felt it was time to step away especially with his accomplishments and at his age.  

Looks like this Jones man will have to schedule that Rankin man.

31 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Only a few short years and Murphy will be consolidated.  I guess Gentry felt it was time to step away especially with his accomplishments and at his age.  

Looks like this Jones man will have to schedule that Rankin man.

Yeah, I knew consolidation was coming and I knew he had said he wouldn't be the coach when they did. I thought that he might try to make it until they did consolidate though.

Either way though, he had a great career. He has definitely earned his retirement.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yeah, I knew consolidation was coming and I knew he had said he wouldn't be the coach when they did. I thought that he might try to make it until they did consolidate though.

Either way though, he had a great career. He has definitely earned his retirement.

I'd bet if he were maybe just a couple more years or so  younger he'd see them to consolidation.   

I'm sure they're on solid ground till then. 

A lot of great history for the Murphy school.  It would be nice to best them before they close. 

21 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My word is the matter that mathers the most. Nothing else matters.  When I give my word to not say anything, I won’t.  Sorry not this time.  Just follow my posts and maybe I’ll be able to say something soon.  

Brother I'm just giving you a hard time.  

2 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My word is the matter that mathers the most. Nothing else matters.  When I give my word to not say anything, I won’t.  Sorry not this time.  Just follow my posts and maybe I’ll be able to say something soon.  

Well there has been talk about Walter Nolen coming to the Knoxville area to play football for his senior year. Did you guys talk him into coming to play at SP.

Edited by Appvol

3 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Good to know that there's people like you left in the world...I feel like there's more good left than we see on a regular basis, just nice to see someone else prove it.