• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

PiRaTe._.MiKe

2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

27 minutes ago, rlh said:

That was a more recent phenomenon and a residual effect of the momma ball years.

Old Pirate says a HEEP of folkes leaving early is old folkes needs to go a private toilet. OP ain’t jest joking neither

23 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

What, you've already forgotten that 7-6 loss to MC in 08? Just picking at you reaction....that was a very cold, had hitting game!

I do remember that. So cold!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well it wont be as intimidating as it is for some teams,but it is a great Venue.Most teams expect to go there and get beat and some love that kind of Atmosphere.If you all dont travel well you wont get the whole experience.When both teams are equally talented and bring great crowds it just cant be beat.I will be curious to see how the Pirate crowd will react.When we played there and beat them they flat out left early in the 4th,I didnt expect that.

Now now.....some may of left early but not all....but those were some good games to watch. 

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

When you Mercy rule Maryville that says all that needs to be said.

And just thnk...SP is lining up with them! The young men will be excited for this game. 

Like I've said before, line up and play whoever is in front of you. 

Will be a great way for SP to see some better competition. 

13 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Now now.....some may of left early but not all....but those were some good games to watch. 

Yep. Even though I'm not in a position to leave the games early, I still wouldn't if I could. Heck, I don't leave Knoxville until the clock hits 0:00. And if you sit until then end of that then you'll sit until the end of anything.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yep. Even though I'm not in a position to leave the games early, I still wouldn't if I could. Heck, I don't leave Knoxville until the clock hits 0:00. And if you sit until then end of that then you'll sit until the end of anything.

I never leave early either.more times than not I go on the field after the game to talk with the players win or lose.Many of us are diehard fans and travel to every away game no matter who we are playing.Look forward to the Murphy away game this season.Always good to check out a different venue.

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, ScallyWag said:

We now have a powder puff schedule.What kind of mess is this? Better stock up on the cannon balls for the home games.This will be the weakest schedule in modern History.SouthTowner What you think about this JV schedule?

Would you like to reassess your statement?

22 hours ago, rlh said:

That was a more recent phenomenon and a residual effect of the momma ball years.

Oh I see.I actually didnt expect to see that from your fans.They emptied out quite fast that night.

14 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Most of those that leave early are the ones that only come to some big games and are not true diehard fans like you and so many other's. It's just the few that people see that make it look bad. Win or lose our players need everyone's support. It's just like Homecoming. It makes me so mad because so many come to see little Johnny or Little Lucy in there pretty little outfits strutting across the field, and then as soon as it's over there gone, and you want see them again unless we make it to the state game and then there like, oh I'm a Big Pirate fan. Give me a break!!!! Being a veteran, I know a little bit about being there for a fellow soldier, and it's like the same with people who you know you can count on to back a team. I'm in it for the long haul and not a short trip. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oh I see.I actually didnt expect to see that from your fans.They emptied out quite fast that night.

It happens just about everywhere.  I can't count the times I've sat and watched fans leave in the third/fourth quarter from several different schools. Your fans did the same thing at meigs after the int and at the Loudon game. Coalfield during the 4th round this year. Gordonsville third round.  Jasper fans have left early multiple times (more than I can count )   it happens everywhere 

3 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

It happens just about everywhere.  I can't count the times I've sat and watched fans leave in the third/fourth quarter from several different schools. Your fans did the same thing at meigs after the int and at the Loudon game. Coalfield during the 4th round this year. Gordonsville third round.  Jasper fans have left early multiple times (more than I can count )   it happens everywhere 

1i, Old Pirate says the orchestration that Pirate fans are somehow bad is expected from some. The Speedway does have spoiled fans, most appreciate good play, some jest can’t stand defeat. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

4 hours ago, sportman said:

Most of those that leave early are the ones that only come to some big games and are not true diehard fans like you and so many other's. It's just the few that people see that make it look bad. Win or lose our players need everyone's support. It's just like Homecoming. It makes me so mad because so many come to see little Johnny or Little Lucy in there pretty little outfits strutting across the field, and then as soon as it's over there gone, and you want see them again unless we make it to the state game and then there like, oh I'm a Big Pirate fan. Give me a break!!!! Being a veteran, I know a little bit about being there for a fellow soldier, and it's like the same with people who you know you can count on to back a team. I'm in it for the long haul and not a short trip. 

Thank you for your service to our country. 

• Upvote 1