2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

28 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

G-P is a solid program. Only problem is that you are going to run into Alcoa during one of the first 3 weeks of the playoffs every year. A few years back, Alcoa put 91 points on G-P in a 2nd round game. 

Yes there is a ceiling at GP and its Alcoa plain and simple!

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

G-P is a solid program. Only problem is that you are going to run into Alcoa during one of the first 3 weeks of the playoffs every year. A few years back, Alcoa put 91 points on G-P in a 2nd round game. 

There was a 4 or 5 year stretch where Polk County had a very good team that could have won the gold if it weren't for that CAK road block.  P.C. played CAK close several times, but that is only good enough for horsehoes and hand grenades. CAK was able to get by Alcoa a couple of time to win the gold during that stretch.

Edited by rlh

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

It would be a close game. But the guru has it like this for last year.

Screenshot_20210430-141541_Chrome.jpg

There is a lot of dumb in this thread but this might be the dumbest. Huntland would gotten waxed by a Bama 4A team last year. According to those polls SP would’ve beaten Fayetteville by 20 before they didn’t. I’m just keeping it real

1 hour ago, rlh said:

There was a 4 or 5 year stretch where Polk County had a very good team that could have won the gold if it weren't for that CAK road block.  P.C. played CAK close several times, but that is only good enough for horsehoes and hand grenades. CAK was able to get by Alcoa a couple of time to win the gold during that stretch.

(I realize this belongs on the 3A board, so my final thoughts) Yes, sir, I remember those CAK teams. Only time in Rankin’s tenure they didn’t make the finals. Frankly, I lost some respect for Coach Rankin when he put 91on a class coach like Benny Hammonds. A staff I was on once started taking a knee on every play in the last minutes of the 3rd qtr. You can hold the score down if you choose.