2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I’d like to talk about our schedule on here. Anyone know what the first game should look like?  Maybe we can talk with some of the local idiots chiming in.

Sequatchie might be a little down this year from what a few of their fans are saying but it’s still always a slobber knocker type game.  Then Chattanooga Christian usually has a decent team and are well coached.  Two good matchups to open the season will tell us a lot.  

On 5/11/2021 at 10:42 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Sequatchie might be a little down this year from what a few of their fans are saying but it’s still always a slobber knocker type game.  Then Chattanooga Christian usually has a decent team and are well coached.  Two good matchups to open the season will tell us a lot.  

Yes these two games will tell alot about how well the team has learned all the extra stuff the new coaching staff has thrown at them.Plenty more to learn than what they were used to plus it is pretty much an entirely different offense.I look for a few hiccups early on in the season until everyone gets comfortable with the new plays and approach.This team will be very exciting to watch when they get to clicking with this really great coaching staff.By seasons end I believe fans will be really Proud of how this team will have improved from week one to week 10.

Edited by ScallyWag
Spelling errors
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 11:30 AM, Southtowner said:

I saw their middle school (CCS)  take on SPA a couple years ago and in my mind they had the best player on the field that day.  Can't remember the name or number but he was their main cog.  A running back with very good size and speed.  SPA pulled out a very close game.

On 4/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, reaction said:

CCS had 3 really good backs last year. 1 was a freshman I'm pretty sure. #6 I think. 

#6 Boo Carter.

I'm wondering if this is who I was talking about.  

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What a name.  Is a freshman from Chattanooga getting D1 offers the first in the area at such a young age?  That’s huge!

No. Cody Walker from SP. We grew up together. Unfortunately, after his all state year his academics went south. He had shown me recruitment letters and offers from USC, Tennessee, and Auburn. Such a freak of nature and disappointment he didn’t finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powerp said:

No. Cody Walker from SP. We grew up together. Unfortunately, after his all state year his academics went south. He had shown me recruitment letters and offers from USC, Tennessee, and Auburn. Such a freak of nature and disappointment he didn’t finish.

That was too bad about him.  Its hard to imagine that the following 3 seasons wouldn't have been impacted for the better had he kept his nose to the books.

3 hours ago, powerp said:

The kid was a beast and a very well mannered young man.  Things happen we don't understand.  I think he could have been someone very special in football. He just had that God Given talent and athletic build.  

3 hours ago, sportman said:

The kid was a beast and a very well mannered young man.  Things happen we don't understand.  I think he could have been someone very special in football. He just had that God Given talent and athletic build.  

I still remember the "He's just a Freshman signs" his momma (I believe it was her) use to hold up at the games.