2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

On 6/8/2021 at 8:17 PM, Southtowner said:

I'd bet if he were maybe just a couple more years or so  younger he'd see them to consolidation.   

I'm sure they're on solid ground till then. 

A lot of great history for the Murphy school.  It would be nice to best them before they close. 

You guys should beat them! The Bulldogs are very good at what they do, but the Pirates talent and pure athleticism is far superior to Murphy. Not talking down to Murphy at all, they just don’t have the kids to match up to the Pirates. The Rumfelt boy at quarterback is good but I don’t know what talent they will have surrounding him this year. It should be a good game anyways but the Pirates should win by Atleast 2 touchdowns.

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

You guys should beat them! The Bulldogs are very good at what they do, but the Pirates talent and pure athleticism is far superior to Murphy. Not talking down to Murphy at all, they just don’t have the kids to match up to the Pirates. The Rumfelt boy at quarterback is good but I don’t know what talent they will have surrounding him this year. It should be a good game anyways but the Pirates should win by Atleast 2 touchdowns.

Murphy has 8 coming back on offense 6 on defense. Murphy and the SMC always get told they don’t have the athletes to match up with the 1a East athletes and speed in NC. The SMC usually wins those games. One of the biggest things that will hurt Murphy is finding a new staff. Some other coaches that had been there a long time left to.

Edited by Appvol

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

Murphy has 8 coming back on offense 6 on defense. Murphy and the SMC always get told they don’t have the athletes to match up with the 1a East athletes and speed in NC. The SMC usually wins those games. One of the biggest things that will hurt Murphy is finding a new staff. Some other coaches that had been there a long time left to.

I agree it will be tough to replace those guys. I know that their o line coach retired when Gentry did. I expect them to have a good team for North Carolina just like always. Murphy and Robbinsville are far superior to any other 1a school in North Carolina in my opinion. I’m not saying it will be easy for the Pirates but it’s definitely do able for them to win and win by more than 2 scores.

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

I agree it will be tough to replace those guys. I know that their o line coach retired when Gentry did. I expect them to have a good team for North Carolina just like always. Murphy and Robbinsville are far superior to any other 1a school in North Carolina in my opinion. I’m not saying it will be easy for the Pirates but it’s definitely do able for them to win and win by more than 2 scores.

I could see that to. SP just can’t think they will go out athlete them. I don’t understand the good team for NC. I think NC has more depth of good teams then TN. 1a in NC has schools with over 600 kids. Next year there will be no subdivided classes. Murphy and Robbinsville will have to beat East Surry, Tarboro, and some good 2a schools went to 1a in the new realignment to win a championship next year. Reidsville almost went 1a in the new realignment. 

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

I could see that to. SP just can’t think they will go out athlete them. I don’t understand the good team for NC. I think NC has more depth of good teams then TN. 1a in NC has schools with over 600 kids. Next year there will be no subdivided classes. Murphy and Robbinsville will have to beat East Surry, Tarboro, and some good 2a schools went to 1a in the new realignment to win a championship next year. Reidsville almost went 1a in the new realignment. 

You could be right but I think year in and year the out the team who wins Tennessee 1a would beat both 1a champions in NC. It’ll be interesting to see how next year shakes out in NC without no subdivided classes. 

Guess it’s okay to announce now.  Like I said not a big secret…or maybe there is more :ph34r:

Scrimmage - July 30th - East Hamilton and Warren County (Home) Time TBA

Scrimmage - August 9th - Murfreesboro Blackman (Home)Time TBA

August 14th - Scenic City Jamboree at Finley Stadium
SP vs Bradley County 
SP vs Red Bank 

6 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Guess it’s okay to announce now.  Like I said not a big secret…or maybe there is more :ph34r:

SP vs Bradley County 
SP vs Red Bank 

:roflol:

6 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

SP vs Bradley County 
SP vs Red Bank 

Heard South Pittsburgh and Marion are going to play in the Valley jamboree too . August 13th. Playing Finley that Saturday 14th as well.