2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

3 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Heard South Pittsburgh and Marion are going to play in the Valley jamboree too . August 13th. Playing Finley that Saturday 14th as well. 

45 minutes ago, rlh said:

Teams can only participate in 1 Jamboree as per TSSAA rules & regs.

Only up to 1/2 of a game (contest) allowed in the 1 jamboree as well. 

4 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Heard South Pittsburgh and Marion are going to play in the Valley jamboree too . August 13th. Playing Finley that Saturday 14th as well. 

Bushog what kind of mess is this? I bet you jailhouse fellars has done went and called that  Childress man to tell him this Jones man is playing in two jamborees.  You think im joking but im not.

20 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Guess it’s okay to announce now.  Like I said not a big secret…or maybe there is more :ph34r:

Scrimmage - July 30th - East Hamilton and Warren County (Home) Time TBA

Scrimmage - August 9th - Murfreesboro Blackman (Home)Time TBA

August 14th - Scenic City Jamboree at Finley Stadium
SP vs Bradley County 
SP vs Red Bank 

Those should be some good scrimmage games for SP. Warren County was pretty good last year believe they only lost to Oakland by 2 scores. EH QB is getting some recruiting looks    Blackman should be another great test and both teams in the jamboree should be worth admission. Excited for some football to say the least! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Those should be some good scrimmage games for SP. Warren County was pretty good last year believe they only lost to Oakland by 2 scores. EH QB is getting some recruiting looks    Blackman should be another great test and both teams in the jamboree should be worth admission. Excited for some football to say the least! 

Yep I’m excited too.  These will be great matchups and definitely tests.  If, and that’s a big if, we can do well against these bigger teams, then it will be a shame what we will do to teams in our region, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, Copper Basin, and Sale Creek.  

23 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yep I’m excited too.  These will be great matchups and definitely tests.  If, and that’s a big if, we can do well against these bigger teams, then it will be a shame what we will do to teams in our region, Lookout Valley, Whitwell, Copper Basin, and Sale Creek.  

True. Playing starters only a half in those games tends to hurt come playoff time. It’s good to get reps for backups but not enough snaps for starters can hurt when you need them entire game. Nice schedule this year. Best of luck to you and Tom. 

4 hours ago, sum1uno said:

True. Playing starters only a half in those games tends to hurt come playoff time. It’s good to get reps for backups but not enough snaps for starters can hurt when you need them entire game. Nice schedule this year. Best of luck to you and Tom. 

I agree. I am glad the Pirates are finally playing some tough games, it will definitely help come playoff time.