2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

On 6/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, oneyewilly said:

Those should be some good scrimmage games for SP. Warren County was pretty good last year believe they only lost to Oakland by 2 scores. EH QB is getting some recruiting looks    Blackman should be another great test and both teams in the jamboree should be worth admission. Excited for some football to say the least! 

Warren will be down this year. Their QB (among others) graduated. That said, if SP holds their own against them, that's a good sign. WC has been a tough matchup the last few yrs bc of how they play

Edited by MidTennFootball

On 4/30/2021 at 7:41 PM, chs1984 said:

(I realize this belongs on the 3A board, so my final thoughts) Yes, sir, I remember those CAK teams. Only time in Rankin’s tenure they didn’t make the finals. Frankly, I lost some respect for Coach Rankin when he put 91on a class coach like Benny Hammonds. A staff I was on once started taking a knee on every play in the last minutes of the 3rd qtr. You can hold the score down if you choose. 

They didn't call him Run-Em-Up Rankin while he was at Riverdale for nothing

On 7/2/2021 at 11:58 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Warren will be down this year. Their QB (among others) graduated. That said, if SP holds their own against them, that's a good sign. WC has been a tough matchup the last few yrs bc of how they play

Should be a good test for SP. I'm excited to see how we match up with Warren, East Hamilton, and Blackman.  

10 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I may - it will be one of the few chances to see either team live. Seems our bye week always ends up the same as the other teams I want to see.

Holler at me if you make it

6 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Should be a good test for SP. I'm excited to see how we match up with Warren, East Hamilton, and Blackman.  

Hope to see you there.  I’m excited as well.

20 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Holler at me if you make it

Hope to see you there.  I’m excited as well.

I have plans to be there. Business is keeping me busy this summer so we we'll see.  I know I'm ready for some Pirate football. We have new coach, all new offense and defense. Some big games on the schedule. I'm always looking forward to the season but this year I'm a little more anxious 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:13 PM, MidTennFootball said:

This game came to be largely because Oakland was looking at the prospect of a 9 game schedule. Weird times when a 1A program has more balls than the big name privates

I agree, the big boys in nashville are not what they use to be though (BA, Ensworth, etc)