2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

I caught a rumor from by brother's sister in law's aunt's cousin that Oakland is still shopping the SP date for a bigger fish out of state. I asked the aforementioned cousin if he thought they would break the SP deal if they got someone, he said yes without a doubt, they are looking to move up in national ranking.

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I caught a rumor from by brother's sister in law's aunt's cousin that Oakland is still shopping the SP date for a bigger fish out of state. I asked the aforementioned cousin if he thought they would break the SP deal if they got someone, he said yes without a doubt, they are looking to move up in national ranking.

I would not be too disappointed at all if this happens.

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I would like to play them but then again I won’t be too disappointed either.  Have you found out any more truth to this?  

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I would like to play them but then again I won’t be too disappointed either.  Have you found out any more truth to this?  

No, just a rumor that crossed my path, but it seems valid - I think if he can find a nationally ranked team with the talent he has this year, he would jump at it.

20 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

The only way this rumor would make any sense is if it turns a long road game into a home game. Oakland already has an out of state trip this season, I doubt they want to add to it

But when you get to that level nationally and want to maintain it, then you’ll do whatever. Home or away I believe Oakland would do it.    Especially if they have a great JV team.  

11 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

But when you get to that level nationally and want to maintain it, then you’ll do whatever. Home or away I believe Oakland would do it.    Especially if they have a great JV team.  

If this was 3 months ago, maybe. Oakland had to scramble to find a 10th game recently when one team cancelled, I doubt they do the same to someone else. The national attention is nice, but at the end of the day being the best in 6A is the only thing that matters

19 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If this was 3 months ago, maybe. Oakland had to scramble to find a 10th game recently when one team cancelled, I doubt they do the same to someone else. The national attention is nice, but at the end of the day being the best in 6A is the only thing that matters

Yep I can agree with that.  I like the way you think.  At the end of the day being the best in 6A is indeed what matters most.