The FRED, circa early 1940's

blazer1set

35 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Some of you DB guys might have been around back then and remember the original FRED....

CYSr04Nh.jpg

The FRED is in the upper right corner, for reference the Kingsport Civic Auditorium is in the middle

aFRkeR4h.jpg

I use to have a bunch of seats in the top left corner.One night it was raining and I took a tarp from the light pole over to the end for my wife and kids to sit under.The new upperdeck messed up my seats with a set of stairs up that side.

8 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

So, the new Biden EO that allows boys to go into girls restrooms at The Fred, and dressing rooms at the school ... will that cause problems you recon? 

I'd bet money it would be a problem if Batman had a daughter going to school. I would figure it to be a problem for most parents. I understand the world is a much different place then when I was growing up,but at some point a little common sense has to be used.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

So, the new Biden EO that allows boys to go into girls restrooms at The Fred, and dressing rooms at the school ... will that cause problems you recon? 

Probably won't cause as many problems as you think. Back in August I was walking into Target and noticed this greasy looking guy wearing a tan trench coat walking in ahead of me. It was just after dark but I thought man that guy has pervert written all over him. Who wears a coat like that in August. So I kinda' had my eye on him as I was walking in. He walked straight to the bathroom that had a sign on the door "unisex" (I didn't even know they had that) at Target. Still had the male and female only bathrooms mind you. So I sorta' stalled around pretending to look at something at the front of the store to see what's up. (I'm old school) . About three minutes go by and all of the sudden this lady with a little girl walks out like nothing's going on and continues walking through the store. I was kinda' concerned for the lady and little girl at first and then I thought how unconcerned the lady acted. Then I thought what kind of woman would take her 5 yr, old daughter into a unisex bathroom, especially when a ladies only bathroom was right beside it.  So thats where we are in todays world. It's all down hill from here.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Probably won't cause as many problems as you think. Back in August I was walking into Target and noticed this greasy looking guy wearing a tan trench coat walking in ahead of me. It was just after dark but I thought man that guy has pervert written all over him. Who wears a coat like that in August. So I kinda' had my eye on him as I was walking in. He walked straight to the bathroom that had a sign on the door "unisex" (I didn't even know they had that) at Target. Still had the male and female only bathrooms mind you. So I sorta' stalled around pretending to look at something at the front of the store to see what's up. (I'm old school) . About three minutes go by and all of the sudden this lady with a little girl walks out like nothing's going on and continues walking through the store. I was kinda' concerned for the lady and little girl at first and then I thought how unconcerned the lady acted. Then I thought what kind of woman would take her 5 yr, old daughter into a unisex bathroom, especially when a ladies only bathroom was right beside it.  So thats where we are in todays world. It's all down hill from here.

I was at  a hospital  some time back and the small bathroom was marked unisex where I located.So I knocked and then went in.Looked like some guy had hit everything but the water and the seat was down.I just turned around and walked out.A few minutes later, a lady and little girl went in and used it. I was feeling bad that I hadn't seen anyone to tell before they got there but just figured the lady would walk out as I did. Must have been the same lady you seen.