Milan Bulldawgs 2021

35 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Photos from Godzillatron Godzillatron (godzillatron) on Myspace   

Godzillatron

Will it be as large as this one, or will it be larger?  I beiieve you have said there are some deep pockets in Milan.  Lol

I’m not sure how big it will be. If I had to guess I would say it will be very similar to Dyersburg’s being that Forcum Landon did ours and Dyersburg’s stadiums. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m not sure how big it will be. If I had to guess I would say it will be very similar to Dyersburg’s being that Forcum Landon did ours and Dyersburg’s stadiums. 

Sounds good.  Y'all definitely have a nice and impressive place to play.  Facilities like Milan's would definitely boost Haywood's program, but it ain't going to happen!

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol. Ain’t nobody sleeping on Haywood. Y’all the big dawgs in 4A this side of the state. 

Juju ???  I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will disagree.  Heck!  I disagree.  We will be lucky to qualify for the playoffs.

Milan 2021 is the topic of the thread, so I apologize for sort of hijacking it.  Milan, as always, is going to be good.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Juju ???  I'm sure there are a lot of teams that will disagree.  Heck!  I disagree.  We will be lucky to qualify for the playoffs.

Milan 2021 is the topic of the thread, so I apologize for sort of hijacking it.  Milan, as always, is going to be good.

Your all good bro. Come hijack anytime. 

On 1/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, stacmot said:

Sounds good.  Y'all definitely have a nice and impressive place to play.  Facilities like Milan's would definitely boost Haywood's program, but it ain't going to happen!

Just curious what you think is stopping Haywood from getting better facilities?  Prior to this past season I had not been to Haywood in many years. I must admit the facilities were not in the best of condition. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just curious what you think is stopping Haywood from getting better facilities?  Prior to this past season I had not been to Haywood in many years. I must admit the facilities were not in the best of condition. 

The powers to be think our facilities are quite adequate.  They say there is no money for turf, better stands, or a track that doesn't encroach on the field, and that's probably true.  A lot of people would rather invest their money in paying tuition to the Jackson privates. 

Although there is some money here, Haywood County is one of the poorest counties in the state.  There's no major company or industry to help support the program in any significant way.  There are few, if any, big time boosters.  As more and more people move out of Brownsville and as more businesses close because of the pandemic, the situation is only going to get worse.

As you know, running a football program costs a lot of money.  Haywood was only able to play 2 regular season games at home in 2020.  We were at home for 3 playoff games, but the T$$AA kept a major share of that.  With ticket sales limited to one-third capacity, i know the program. like other programs across Tennessee and other states, had to suffer financially. Haywood sought donations from the community to make the trip to Cookeville, but I'm sure other communities did that as well.

As more and more communities like Milan invest in their youth and athletic programs, I fear what might happen to Haywood's football program in the future.  It will definitely hamper our ability to attract and keep good coaches like we have now.

I could say more, but I'd rather not say it here.

• Upvote 2