Pickett Co Should Be Ranked

bobcatfan300

Pickett Co lost to AAA Cookeville at Cookeville early in the year. They were up by 10 but got into big foul trouble and lost. They lost at AA Livingston by 4 then beat them in the rematch by 13 or 14.  They lost at state #2 Clay away but lost by 3 at home tonight. A more than half court three at the buzzer bounced out or it would have been OT...and Pickett's best player who averages over 20 a game could only play a few minutes so that was a huge factor. They lost by 1 to Clinton Co, KY who is 10-1 with a 2 point loss. If they were a smaller school and played in single A in Tennessee they are good enough to win the state. Pickett beat York by 12. York beat ranked Oneida by 15 and 25. Pickett has wins over 4 AA teams. They have only lost to one A team...#2 Clay Co. Pickett should be in the top 5

Edited by bobcatfan300
Typo

On 2/2/2021 at 10:21 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett Co lost to AAA Cookeville at Cookeville early in the year. They were up by 10 but got into big foul trouble and lost. They lost at AA Livingston by 4 then beat them in the rematch by 13 or 14.  They lost at state #2 Clay away but lost by 3 at home tonight. A more than half court three at the buzzer bounced out or it would have been OT...and Pickett's best player who averages over 20 a game could only play a few minutes so that was a huge factor. They lost by 1 to Clinton Co, KY who is 10-1 with a 2 point loss. If they were a smaller school and played in single A in Tennessee they are good enough to win the state. Pickett beat York by 12. York beat ranked Oneida by 15 and 25. Pickett has wins over 4 AA teams. They have only lost to one A team...#2 Clay Co. Pickett should be in the top 5

Let's see. If you take that equation and multiply by the month you were born and divide by the year you were born . .  by golly you are right.

Just kidding. 

I understand wanting a good team to be recognized. CoachT has them at 13 but likely does not factor the out of state teams.

Get in the tourney and win. That will prove your point. Good luck to the team.

1 hour ago, ref83 said:

Pickett lost to Jackson Co who is setting in fourth place in the district, so no your not top 5 in state. 

They did lose no excuses. They did have their leading scorer 24+ points per game sitting most of the game due to illness. Tournament time will tell how good they are. Polls mean nothing. I would be shocked (barring injury/illness) if they don’t make Murfreesboro. 

On 2/7/2021 at 2:17 PM, rammerjammer2 said:

They did lose no excuses. They did have their leading scorer 24+ points per game sitting most of the game due to illness. Tournament time will tell how good they are. Polls mean nothing. I would be shocked (barring injury/illness) if they don’t make Murfreesboro. 

I will agree with this. I think Pickett and Clay will both be in Murfreesboro. Jackson County matches up well with Pickett though so they are my dark horse. Shocker I’m know! Haha 2nd in the district tournament would be huge!  No one out of the other district will win a game in the region tournament. 

Edited by UCSportsFan