Who is the best team in Single A

GreeneDevil123

21 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I think Madison and Humboldt are the teams to beat from the West. Athletically they are gonna be tough to match up against, and they both shoot it well enough that you have to step out and guard them. 

Humboldt always brings a good team to the tournament. I like their coach as well. Don’t know him too well but his teams are always prepared and they are always a tough out. That’s all I need to know. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County is the favorite this year. They would have beaten Booker T last year had they played. They have the best player in Class A and one of the best players in the state in Grant Strong.  With Memphis out this year it’s theirs to lose. 

What teams have you seen to say that Clay County is the favorite and that the Strong kid is the best player in Class A? Just asking

17 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

What teams have you seen to say that Clay County is the favorite and that the Strong kid is the best player in Class A? Just asking

My personal opinion. Now what does that really mean?  Nothing, just my opinion.  I’ve seen a lot of basketball in my time, I know a good team and a great player when I see one. Strong is one of the best players in the state not just Class A. That’s a fact.  Now will that win a single game come tournament time? No it will not. It takes an entire team working together and playing at a high level. So time will tell. But I could be right on this one too. Just saying....

10 hours ago, Waker said:

Madison is the real deal. Several scorers on that squad. #21(I think) can jump out of the gym

Humboldt has the tradition and the reputation, but Madison has the athletes and coaching (adequate) to make believers of the unaware this year. Both may get deep in the tournament, but Madison is the team you don't want to see in your bracket from the west. Wouldn't shock me at all if they bring the gold ball back.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, RodgerDodger32 said:

In the east it looks like, North Greene , Cosby, Hampton and Oneida will be the top teams. But who knows with covid and tournaments coming up. 

York beat Oneida by 15 and 25. Pickett beat York by 12. PC lost to AAA Cookeville, AA Livingston then beat them by 14 in the rematch, a one loss Clinton Co, KY by 2 away...and beat 4 AA teams. They may be the surprise team.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, Karl said:

Clay County should be in the mix too.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, RodgerDodger32 said:

In the east it looks like, North Greene , Cosby, Hampton and Oneida will be the top teams. But who knows with covid and tournaments coming up.

Clay Co will be one of the favorites.

Edited by bobcatfan300

9 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I like North Greene and Oneida  out of the east but I always rooted for the east side of the state .

I would also throw in Hampton as a possibility too. I think they haven't been mentioned much this year due to a 5-9 start but have since rolled off 15 straight 20-9. Some of their losses come from Knox Bearden, Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, Kingston, Providence Academy, North Greene (they split the reg season with NG). I also think two of those three will probably represent the East. One other sleeper might be Cosby because they are tough to beat on their home floor.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:27 AM, tradertwo said:

Humboldt has the tradition and the reputation, but Madison has the athletes and coaching (adequate) to make believers of the unaware this year. Both may get deep in the tournament, but Madison is the team you don't want to see in your bracket from the west. Wouldn't shock me at all if they bring the gold ball back.

Madison and Humboldt will both be tough outs for any team. I believe last year’s championship game would have been between Clay and Booker T. Clay County is even better this year. Strong for Clay is your Mr Basketball for Class A. They are loaded and have a deep bench. Pickett County is the team that can beat anyone on a given night. They had two brothers transfer in at the beginning of the year and they are very good players. Should be a great tournament.