Who is the best team in Single A

GreeneDevil123

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Pardon me for using football as an example for strength and success  rankings. Even at the end of the season, the state champs are often ranked several places below teams that they have beaten 5 touchdowns. It’s a simple flawed mathematical formula that does not have eyeballs or consider point differences among other things. But it’s still fun.

I agree! However, it will all get sorted out in the Boro! I personally hope Cosby makes it so Stong and Johnson can match up. ^ If what other guy said about Meredith being the regions best player. If he is not Cosby should have no problem making it to the tourney, that is if Johnson is as good as his stats are. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

20 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Cosby beat a bad Hancock team at home by 9. It would not surprise me if Cosby lost early on in the region. They play in the worst conference in the state of Tennessee for single A basketball. Johnson is really good but their other players are not good enough to beat quality teams. 

They just won their district! You sure he can’t compete?  All it takes is one dominant player in single A. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

They just won their district! You sure he can’t compete?  All it takes is one dominant player in single A. 

The worst district in the state of Tennessee...not saying they can’t make a run, but it’s going to take a much better effort against anyone from district 1. Hancock would finish last in that district easily , NG beat them by 40 early in the year. When everyone stops Johnson someone is going to have to step up and score. From the games I’ve seen I haven’t seen anyone capable of doing that against quality opponents. Cosby has played a tough out of conference schedule but they haven’t beaten any quality teams....once again, they could make a run especially being at home but they’ll have to play much better than a 9 point win over an 11-8 Hancock team with zero wins over anyone relevant. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

The worst district in the state of Tennessee...not saying they can’t make a run, but it’s going to take a much better effort against anyone from district 1. Hancock would finish last in that district easily , NG beat them by 40 early in the year. When everyone stops Johnson someone is going to have to step up and score. From the games I’ve seen I haven’t seen anyone capable of doing that against quality opponents. Cosby has played a tough out of conference schedule but they haven’t beaten any quality teams....once again, they could make a run especially being at home but they’ll have to play much better than a 9 point win over an 11-8 Hancock team with zero wins over anyone relevant. 

First as someone who follows District 2, yes it is not a very strong conference. However, Johnson at Cosby can absolutely go, and they have some shooters to complement him. Also you can give them +10 at home easily. Secondly, the 40 point Hancock loss in the first of December to NG is not reliable. I know that 4 Hancock starters came off quarantine the day before, plus they got news the program was shutdown through January the day of. A handful of practices and 1 game by the first of January. I say all of that to say this, don’t be surprised if Cosby and Hancock give Hampton and NG a run for their money in semis. Both a solid single A teams, plus Cosby being at home is a major advantage.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BasketballMechanic1 said:

First as someone who follows District 2, yes it is not a very strong conference. However, Johnson at Cosby can absolutely go, and they have some shooters to complement him. Also you can give them +10 at home easily. Secondly, the 40 point Hancock loss in the first of December to NG is not reliable. I know that 4 Hancock starters came off quarantine the day before, plus they got news the program was shutdown through January the day of. A handful of practices and 1 game by the first of January. I say all of that to say this, don’t be surprised if Cosby and Hancock give Hampton and NG a run for their money in semis. Both a solid single A teams, plus Cosby being at home is a major advantage.  

Yes I said multiple times Johnson is good and Cosby is much better at home. I hope they make it to the region championship against NG. The German for NG is right up there as good as Johnson but has better help from his teammates, which is the difference between the two teams. Cosby will have to beat Unaka first. They have one of the best coaches around and one kid who could go off for 30+ Any night. They’ll be just as good if not better than Hancock so that game should provide good info. If Cosby’s post can play to his ability more consistently then they’ll be a much tougher out. 

11 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Yes I said multiple times Johnson is good and Cosby is much better at home. I hope they make it to the region championship against NG. The German for NG is right up there as good as Johnson but has better help from his teammates, which is the difference between the two teams. Cosby will have to beat Unaka first. They have one of the best coaches around and one kid who could go off for 30+ Any night. They’ll be just as good if not better than Hancock so that game should provide good info. If Cosby’s post can play to his ability more consistently then they’ll be a much tougher out. 

I am still hoping for a North Greene versus Hampton Regional Championship 4th time matchup. With that being said I pull for all District 1 teams. I would like to see two District 1 teams make the state tournament. 

• Like 1