Will the new Vols coach help the smaller schools?

Narco

11 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Anyone that watches 99% of 1 or 2A football teams and thinks top 10 D1 talent is either a parent or is football illiterate. That’s why D1 college coaches are rarely there. If people think I’m wrong, then me and Nick Sabin are both idiots. UT hasn’t been top 10, but that’s where they better get to or Heupel will be fired in three years.

Yeah, I also know there is that occasional outlier kid. We can all name them. I will get the party started for the nit pickers...Patrick Willis. 

you missed the point.  Tennessee has recruited in the top 15 and higher and still can't beat Florida, Alabama, or Georgia.  You gotta coachem up after you getem.  I was just saying they have gotten 4 and 5 stars and still don't win.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChineseFlu said:

you missed the point.  Tennessee has recruited in the top 15 and higher and still can't beat Florida, Alabama, or Georgia.  You gotta coachem up after you getem.  I was just saying they have gotten 4 and 5 stars and still don't win.  

Your post, when taken in the context as a reply to my original post, implied that recruitment of 1 and 2A schools would offer equivalent opportunity for success at UT.

I apologize for the assumption on my part. Yes, UT has SUCKED at coaching athletes up and putting them in a scheme that fits their talents. Alvin Kamara was drastically underused. Shy Tuttle is an outstanding dlineman for the Saints that was average at UT.

Those are just two examples of many that emphasize the ineptness of the Vol staff for a decade. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Daniel Bitulli went to Nashville Christian School when it had about 200 kids in the high school. UT signed and played him. If you are an SEC caliber talent they will know.

I they had less than 200 kids. They assembled a pretty talented team bitulis senior year. Last I checked he is part of a practice team 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The more Josh Heupel recruits in Tennessee, the faster he’ll get fired. Tennessee is not good enough in high school football for him to just “lock down” the state and be successful.

I keep seeing people say that and yeah I'd agree but I don't think JH means just run the program with Tennessee kids. Imo he just means if UT stops letting the Tee Higgins Amari Rodgers Master Teague type guys leave home they'll be in better shape.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I keep seeing people say that and yeah I'd agree but I don't think JH means just run the program with Tennessee kids. Imo he just means if UT stops letting the Tee Higgins Amari Rodgers Master Teague type guys leave home they'll be in better shape.

That part is true. However, I don’t think kids in Tennessee would want to be apart of a “rebuilding program” when they can go to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma and win.

Think about this, this high school kids were born in the years of 2002-2005/2006 I believe. What Tennessee team has been good since, let’s say, 2002?

47 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

That part is true. However, I don’t think kids in Tennessee would want to be apart of a “rebuilding program” when they can go to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma and win.

Think about this, this high school kids were born in the years of 2002-2005/2006 I believe. What Tennessee team has been good since, let’s say, 2002?

If that’s the mind set then you can’t recruit any kid from any state 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

No doubt there are some great players in Tennessee year in and out. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, Narco said:

Just curious on your thoughts. He has a different style of offense than what Tennessee has ever had. Do you think that will give some of the smaller schools a chance to get players recruited? I've seen a lot of fast skilled offensive players in  1-A and 2-A that just don't get the stars because they are a small school. 

This is a fantastic take. Lets fill the Vols roster with 5'9 150 pound skill guys and a few of those "Farm Strong" lineman that are 6'1 220! Complete our dumpster fire and go looking for yet another coach. Hire their Daddy's to coach too, while youre at it. 

• Like 2