Interesting schedule for LA next year....

TTate

On 2/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, TTate said:

Knox Catholic, Independence, Pulaski Academy (Arkansas), Greater Atlanta Christian.  Don't think many coaches around the midstate are too fond of Dilfer.  That's a shame.... we should be playing Brentwood, BA, and Father Ryan every year. 

We definitely wanted to play them but was dealt another hand.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, TTate said:

Knox Catholic, Independence, Pulaski Academy (Arkansas), Greater Atlanta Christian.  Don't think many coaches around the midstate are too fond of Dilfer.  That's a shame.... we should be playing Brentwood, BA, and Father Ryan every year. 

All they had to do was move up. You are already playing them in all the other sports. He talked all that "next IMG" mess but then stayed down in the AA class. Which is it?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

All they had to do was move up. You are already playing them in all the other sports. He talked all that "next IMG" mess but then stayed down in the AA class. Which is it?

Not following...how would moving up helped the schedule?

Also...show me the IMG quote...I’ve never heard him mention that once

In D2AAA every school plays at least 6 of the other AAA schools each season. MBA actually played 8 out of 10 in 2019 (nobody can use 2020 as a barometer. Those schools understand the "playing field" of D2AAA and will play you. After that they typically have to play in or out of state large publics to fill their schedules.  In AA, you do not see near as many cross state AA games being played. They are all searching D2A for winnable games.

When you jumped in the big boy D2 pool you eliminated yourself from playing 90% of public schools ever again. Not a level playing field and everybody knows it. They are not going to contribute to  your next "hype" video" so you can run the score up. You have to come to that realization. It will not change.

That leaves very upper level mid D1 programs like Pearl Cohn, Alcoa etc or 6 A schools that have a similar problem filling their schedules because the lower tier schools don't want to be their next victim.

Whether you realize it or not you are the victim of your own self promoting ways when it comes to filling up  a schedule. Trying to smile and telling them you will pray for them while beating them 61-0 or 66-8 just doesn't work more than once. 

And the IMG statement was made by him at a school function. My ears work just fine.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, dej08 said:

Lipscomb should pray for CPA to have some down years, because even with all that talent Dilfer is recruiting in from all across the country, his only chance for a gold ball is for CPA to have a down season. He will never out coach Ingle Martin.

CPA had a noticeable advantage in size and depth this season, and Lipscomb still snuck out one win and was close in the other game. Ingle is a great coach, but Lipscomb will get their share of wins if the talent level continues to improve. 

Isn't Pulaski Academy the school that never punts and always kicks an onside kick? That should be interesting. GAC is a C of C school like Lipscomb (tons of GAC graduates attend Lipscomb U) and a powerhouse program in Georgia, so that could become a great interstate rivalry.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, dej08 said:

Lipscomb should pray for CPA to have some down years, because even with all that talent Dilfer is recruiting in from all across the country, his only chance for a gold ball is for CPA to have a down season. He will never out coach Ingle Martin.

"Never" is  a long time.  rent may "never" out coach Ingle, but he may out-athlete him from time to time.

I am a CPA guy but I give Dilfer credit for what he is doing at Lipscomb.  It is great for D2 Middle TN football and competition.  I think their schedule shows they are going to play the best they can if possible.  CPA's schedule next year is brutal, BA, MBA, Oakland, Indy, Lipscomb and others.  Go Lions but glad to see Lipscomb back in it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

At least we won't have to wonder what would happen if LA played some stiff out of state competition, unlike most of the better football teams in the state..

Those other schools know what would happen if they played top out of state teams. That's why some teams barely leave their county if they can help it.