Anyone still needing games?

fredjones

Is Alcoa and Oakland still looking for games?

If so it would be interesting to hear the reasons why this isnt a done deal. 

One can speculate that Oakland wouldn't want to risk being outmatched by a smaller class school. But aren't they supposed to be the best high school football team in Tennessee???

And Alcoa. What do they stand to lose??

Surely one of these teams is committed to a full Tennessee high school football schedule. Thus the reason this cant be settled on the field of play. 

45 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Is Alcoa and Oakland still looking for games?

If so it would be interesting to hear the reasons why this isnt a done deal. 

One can speculate that Oakland wouldn't want to risk being outmatched by a smaller class school. But aren't they supposed to be the best high school football team in Tennessee???

And Alcoa. What do they stand to lose??

Surely one of these teams is committed to a full Tennessee high school football schedule. Thus the reason this cant be settled on the field of play. 

Oakland just got their 10th game with SP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Looks like Alcoa and Elizabethon have 9 games with both having October 8th date open? Coach Witten was asked about a game from Alcoa, but he declined.  Maybe this could be put back on the table? 

Tornadoes vs Cyclones!

3A champs vs 4A champs!:thumb:

They should play because it would bring in a lot of money.  If the AD at Elizabethton will not schedule the game why is he is that position? Sure Witten doesn't want the game but the AD makes the schedule and in charge of making the school money. So if they wont play Alcoa don't start crying about just having 4 home games and not making enough money.

Edited by Tab

On 7/2/2021 at 3:25 PM, Tab said:

They should play because it would bring in a lot of money.  If the AD at Elizabethton will not schedule the game why is he is that position? Sure Witten doesn't want the game but the AD makes the schedule and in charge of making the school money. So if they wont play Alcoa don't start crying about just having 4 home games and not making enough money.

Agreed.  If Elizabethton has 9 games and Alcoa has 9 games they should play one another.  Elizabethton fans have gotten on here the last 2 years after going 30-0 and stated that they would be able to beat Alcoa.  The 2016 State Semifinal Game was a battle.  Here's your chance to prove it.  

On 7/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, Haydiboy said:

EXACTLY been thinking that since ive seen the days line up  someone doesn't want to chance losing but I don't know who

Honestly as an EHS fan I feel the burden falls on us. I doubt Alcoa is worried about losing. They lose to Maryville. I feel they could beat us majority of the time. I think the gap has narrowed and 2016 proved it as we have gotten better since then. It would be a great game but I feel we are the ones ducking them for whatever reason. 

On 7/5/2021 at 3:28 PM, howdoitknow said:

Agreed.  If Elizabethton has 9 games and Alcoa has 9 games they should play one another.  Elizabethton fans have gotten on here the last 2 years after going 30-0 and stated that they would be able to beat Alcoa.  The 2016 State Semifinal Game was a battle.  Here's your chance to prove it.  

Show me one post of an Elizabethton fan saying we would “beat” Alcoa!  

• Like 1