Dear Referees,

wrestler04

16 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

Dear Refs,

STALLING - Will all you guys please have a meeting?  Get everyone in the room and decide what stalling is and how you are going to call it consistently.

THEN - Tell the coaches and fans about your decision.

Thanks,

EVERYONE

Ha.  Yes, and read the rule book on what constitutes out of bounds.  I get why they switch refs between matches (to reduce claims of bias) but it makes the calls so inconsistent. Also, these refs need to watch some college wresting and see how much the refs talk to the wrestlers about action, stalling, exposure, etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

The refs don’t get enough credit or respect IMO. These guys aren’t getting paid college ref money, but they are certainly giving their best effort and they aren’t oblivious to the stakes. 

Thank you sir! Very kind words. Many of us do give 110% even at our jv matches.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

Dear Refs,

STALLING - Will all you guys please have a meeting?  Get everyone in the room and decide what stalling is and how you are going to call it consistently.

THEN - Tell the coaches and fans about your decision.

Thanks,

EVERYONE

First, refs don’t owe you or the fans crap! Second, you are more than welcome to sign up and do the job! I used to think the same thing as other idiots and ended up picking up the whistle in both wrestling and soccer. Some of that stuff is so split second decisions and the lines are so blurred on how/what to call even with things like stalling. Funny thing is every call there’s going to be 50% of the people thinking it’s wrong. Pin to quick, pin not quick enough. Stalling not being called stalling called to quick, was it a takedown or was it not, out of bounds and so on.  I am more than happy to get you the sign up info or anyone else that wants to complain. I used to have forms with me and after soccer games if a fan said something I would walk over give them a form and pen. After that they can kiss my rear because I don’t owe them an explanation for any of my decisions. I was an independent contractor and if not for me your kids don’t get to participate. I would even work tournaments my kid was participating in and just kept from doing any of his or his teams soccer matches(he didn’t care for wrestling). So I would work when he wasn’t participating and if possible watch his games and go right back to working after his were done. So no excuses for most of you. 

• Like 1

Calm down Karen.   I was trying to empathize with you and follow along but alas, you lost me at soccer.  I will say however, that I never thought of the "kiss my rear" approach.  (seems legit)

I never said that our referees don't have a hard job.  That wasn't the point at all.  The point was the inconsistency from match to match between different refs.   Coaches and wrestlers are all confused these days about what is stalling and what is not.

As for "refs don’t owe you or the fans crap".    WRONG   Just like coaches and competitors, refs owe the sport the best job they can do. 

There should be an initiative to make the stalling criteria more definable and more explainable.  Right now, lots of different guys across the state call it differently.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

Calm down Karen.   I was trying to empathize with you and follow along but alas, you lost me at soccer.  I will say however, that I never thought of the "kiss my rear" approach.  (seems legit)

I never said that our referees don't have a hard job.  That wasn't the point at all.  The point was the inconsistency from match to match between different refs.   Coaches and wrestlers are all confused these days about what is stalling and what is not.

As for "refs don’t owe you or the fans crap".    WRONG   Just like coaches and competitors, refs owe the sport the best job they can do. 

There should be an initiative to make the stalling criteria more definable and more explainable.  Right now, lots of different guys across the state call it differently.  

Again, if you don’t like the job they do or think it’s inconsistent it’s very easy to take care of that issue, most like you don’t have the balls to do it and I will say soccer is much harder to ref as the liner between foul and heads up play is a very thin line.  But back to wrestling which I also did. The fact is your definition is going to be different than someone else’s, like a movie you think is great others think sucks. Also as I said calls like staling are going to be wrong half the time, depending on who you cheer for or even against. The issue though is for you and other Karens (since a Karen is someone who complains about something which you are, you fit the definition of a Karen) is that again everyone’s definition is going to be different on calls but you Karen’s don’t have the balls to do it yourselves and even your empathy is nothing but a veiled attempt to complain. So do you want the sign up information or do you just want to continue to complain like a little B? It’s pretty simple, first as my coach would say don’t put your future in the decision of the judges or referees, go out and take it out of their hands as they are only human. 

Edited by cobrakid8

The prob is anyone that could do the job isn’t gonna do it nobody wants the crap that goes with it BUT they not volunteers their paid decent for what they do SO after you’ve done it a while you should be able to get it right ! I know in our region few refs are bias to certain teams I videoed a ref on purpose giving back points in 2 separate matches the one I knew he was bias to he counted like his hand was on fire the other like he had falling and couldn’t get up ! Tn fer ya

Edited by Greenhorn

13 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

The prob is anyone that could do the job isn’t gonna do it nobody wants the crap that goes with it BUT they not volunteers their paid decent for what they do SO after you’ve done it a while you should be able to get it right ! I know in our region few refs are bias to certain teams I videoed a ref on purpose giving back points in 2 separate matches the one I knew he was bias to he counted like his hand was on fire the other like he had falling and couldn’t get up ! Tn fer ya

First they aren’t paid as well as you think. I thought the same until I got everything priced out. My real job kicked it’s #### in pay and truthfully I barely got out of it as min wage. First the time you are there you get paid a set amount. Most are supposed to be there at least 30 mins if not hour prior to matches starting. After that still have to buy your own uniforms and pay your own taxes. I had to have an actual tax pro do it for me in case I ever got audited I had protection, regular taxes I never have had to do that. So the money barely even touches the time away from your family and especially the headaches of dealing with idiots that think they are right on everything. Also just an FYI everyone is bias in some form or another, you filming teams you have a bias so you might see a bias in referees because it goes against your own bias.

So do any of you need the information or you going to look like a bunch of P and whine about something you are unwilling to help change? Again I was a lot like you whiners until I actually did the job. Now I sit back and enjoy the matches.