AAA Individual State

Bump11

Alright boys and girls. Lets go ahead and get this started! Regions are all done, the brackets have been generated, and will probably be released today, or tomorrow at the latest. Some solid names will not be making the trip to Chatt, however i think that the quality of matches will be top notch all the way through for the most part. The team race is going to be interesting with less qualies. Wilson Central, Bradley, Summit, Oakland, Blackman, Dobyns...all could make things very interesting depending on the draw. It’s gonna be fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackMentality said:

How many did Wilson qualify?  Cleveland qualified 11 and I think Bradley qualified 9.  Barring injury, Cleveland has 2 locks to win at 138 and 145.  2 other likely finalists at 113 and 220.  A few other potential finalists.  I would think Cleveland places at all qualified weights except maybe 160.

Cleveland: 11

Wilson Central: 10

Bradley: 9

Blackman: 9

Summit: 9

Knoxville Halls: 9

Maryville: 9

Heritage: 9

I may have missed a school, but pretty sure those are the teams with the most qualifiers. 

Edited by TalkingSense

7 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Alright boys and girls. Lets go ahead and get this started! Regions are all done, the brackets have been generated, and will probably be released today, or tomorrow at the latest. Some solid names will not be making the trip to Chatt, however i think that the quality of matches will be top notch all the way through for the most part. The team race is going to be interesting with less qualies. Wilson Central, Bradley, Summit, Oakland, Blackman, Dobyns...all could make things very interesting depending on the draw. It’s gonna be fun!

What could be interesting is the draw of very good wrestlers who are not former placers and did not win their region.  Two examples are Ethan Lipsey and Luke Belcher from Bradley and Logan Fowler from Cleveland. All are good enough to be finalist.

3 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

What could be interesting is the draw of very good wrestlers who are not former placers and did not win their region.  Two examples are Ethan Lipsey and Luke Belcher from Bradley and Logan Fowler from Cleveland. All are good enough to be finalist.

I’d assume they’d be split on the bracket and have a chance of meeting in the finals still.

7 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I’d assume they’d be split on the bracket and have a chance of meeting in the finals still.

Yes, should be on opposite side from other wrestler in their region but don’t they otherwise get a random draw?  So they could meet a high seed from another region very early, correct?  It happened to Belcher last year.

27 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Yes, should be on opposite side from other wrestler in their region but don’t they otherwise get a random draw?  So they could meet a high seed from another region very early, correct?  It happened to Belcher last year.

You are correct region champ and runner ups will be on opposite side of the brackets. Also, returning state placers will be seeded (if they won their region this year). Besides that it a 1 vs. 2 random draw. 

Belcher lost by 2 in the bloods last year.