AAA Individual State

Bump11

1 hour ago, sx1234 said:

I'm not sure you've ever seen Stone's lifts. 

I’m with WG. To say he’s the strongest heavyweight, weighing like 235, is ridiculous. Hunter Allen was juiced up. And there are plenty of other heavyweights over the last 50years who were men wrestling children too. 

15 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I’m with WG. To say he’s the strongest heavyweight, weighing like 235, is ridiculous. Hunter Allen was juiced up. And there are plenty of other heavyweights over the last 50years who were men wrestling children too. 

Let these guys live in their bubble. I can name more than a few stronger than Cummins, just off the top of my head I'd go with Dee Parker from Red Bank or even James Howard from McCallie.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Let these guys live in their bubble. I can name more than a few stronger than Cummins, just off the top of my head I'd go with Dee Parker from Red Bank or even James Howard from McCallie.

I am rolling my eyes over how this conversation turned into a  weight lifting argument instead of who you think will do well in the wrestling state tournament next weekend.

HOWEVER - as these two topics are both major interests of mine- I couldn't resist commenting  on the matter. 

So....

I looked up Howard's profile on football recruiting websites- his squat is listed as 550 and his bench is 350.  As he is a major football recruit, I would assume these numbers are very close to accurate.

Over a year ago, (So I would assume Cummings is stronger now) Brandon and Trevor showed me videos on Instagram of Cummings lifting well over these numbers. If my memory serves me correctly, I want to say he was front-squatting over 600 for maybe 3 reps? He was also bench pressing over 400 at only 195 body weight.

If you guys are wanting to argue applicable strength, or functional strength on a wrestling mat, thats one thing.  But- there is really no way of actually measuring that. However I think most of you though are basing your opinions on how big a kid's muscles are in a singlet. 

Now in terms of traditional power lifts- Squat, Bench, Deadlift- I would say Stone is a safe bet for an all-time top 3, yes only weighing 235 (who really weighs 223). If you do not believe me, come find me next Friday (It's pretty obvious who I am) and I can show you how to find the video proof, and explain to you how elite those numbers really are for a 17 year old kid, not just from Tennessee, but in the world.

P.S..... get off the Hunter Allen myths already.  I beat him.  And was stronger.  Don't believe me?  Again, come talk to me next Friday. lol

Edited by CalebLeonard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CalebLeonard said:

I am rolling my eyes over how this conversation turned into a  weight lifting argument instead of who you think will do well in the wrestling state tournament next weekend.

HOWEVER - as these two topics are both major interests of mine- I couldn't resist commenting  on the matter. 

So....

I looked up Howard's profile on football recruiting websites- his squat is listed as 550 and his bench is 350.  As he is a major football recruit, I would assume these numbers are very close to accurate.

Over a year ago, (So I would assume Cummings is stronger now) Brandon and Trevor showed me videos on Instagram of Cummings lifting well over these numbers. If my memory serves me correctly, I want to say he was front-squatting over 600 for maybe 3 reps? He was also bench pressing over 400 at only 195 body weight.

If you guys are wanting to argue applicable strength, or functional strength on a wrestling mat, thats one thing.  But- there is really no way of actually measuring that. However I think most of you though are basing your opinions on how big a kid's muscles are in a singlet. 

Now in terms of traditional power lifts- Squat, Bench, Deadlift- I would say Stone is a safe bet for an all-time top 3, yes only weighing 235 (who really weighs 223). If you do not believe me, come find me next Friday (It's pretty obvious who I am) and I can show you how to find the video proof, and explain to you how elite those numbers really are for a 17 year old kid, not just from Tennessee, but in the world.

P.S..... get off the Hunter Allen myths already.  I beat him.  And was stronger.  Don't believe me?  Again, come talk to me next Friday. lol

McCallie's coaches will tell you Howard's numbers are higher than what's listed on the recruiting boards. Pre-injury, the  coaches told me they wouldn't let him squat anything over 675 and said he could max out over 700 no problem.

Regardless, he's definitely a strong kid but I'm not buying he's going to manhandle anyone that has a realistic shot of placing at Heavyweight. If anything, this kind of silly talk just painted a target on his back when ideally you'd want his opponents to overlook him.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CalebLeonard said:

So....

no offense, but the hunter you beat, and the hunter we are talking about are 2 different people. we are talking about hunter at his peak, at his strongest, at his most juiced. that’s the hunter that we are saying was possibly the strongest heavy ever. nobody was touching him his senior year. yes, you may have beaten him his junior year (barely), and i’m not taking away from that or your state title that year...however hunter was a different animal his senior year. he walked in built like a mack truck. he was squatting 600+, benching 450+, i even saw him deadlift a car once...10 reps. almost effortless. 

again, this is not meant to take away from your title or win over him, im just saying that we are talking about 2 different kids. 

Now as far as cummings goes, he could very well win next weekend. i have him making the finals but losing a decision to langford. i could be wrong, and wouldn’t be surprised if i am. but it won’t be easy. there’s some solid kids at heavy

13 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Now as far as cummings goes, he could very well win next weekend. i have him making the finals but losing a decision to langford. i could be wrong, and wouldn’t be surprised if i am. but it won’t be easy. there’s some solid kids at heavy

I have Langford winning as well.  My original comments were meant to be that Cummings winning it was not as unreasonable as people were making it. 

I have not seen the Summit heavyweight, but reading his results, I would pick the winner of him and Cummins to make the finals.  Both of these guys will have a tough road to win it- They wrestle each other in the 2nd round, then most like Keating from Oakland in the semi's, and then finally Langford in the finals.... all in the same afternoon!