My list of the most intriguing first round matches:

106- Miller Science Hill VS. Houston Cookeville

113- Mercante Wilson VS. Lipsey Bradley

120- Teaster Heritage VS. Masters Summit

126- Warnock Wilson VS. Randall Cleveland

Pullen Collierville VS. Lipsey Bradley

132- Tibitoski Oakland VS. Fort Wilson

138- Strong Cookeville VS. Mumaw Hendorsonville

145- Chittum Cleveland VS. Mann Science Hill... I know it won't be close but still...

152- Laxton Cleveland VS. Brenot Clarksville

160- Willet Independence VS. Fisher Jefferson County

182- Duessler Rossview VS. Zuckerman Houston

Sinclair Maryville VS. Boyd Cleveland

285- Keating Oakland VS. Mcclure Bradley

4 minutes ago, WishICoachedSoccer said:

Braxton drew him randomly I think because he didn’t win his region. As to why Chittum isn’t the one seed I’m going to guess some rule about out of state placing?

2020-21 TSSAA Handbook

WRESTLING REGULATIONS

I. 

IV. STATE TOURNAMENT (Division I)

The draw for the state tournament shall be made by the state office and shall be released after the completion of all regional wrestling tournaments.

Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. In order to be placed, a wrestler must be a regional champion and must have been a state place finisher during his high school career. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Separate all state champions (includes state champions from other states).

2. The following criteria shall be used to separate state champions: (a) state champion at same weight, (b) state champion at higher weight, (c) state champion at lower weight. (If there are two state champions at the same weight the state champion from Tennessee will receive the higher seed.)

3. Follow the same procedure as #2 above for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place from previous year,

4. Items #2 and #3 shall be applied in order to wrestlers who placed in the state tournament two yeas prior.

5. Blind draw.