TSSAA AAA Individual Tournament Predictions

WrestlingGod

8 minutes ago, TalkingSense said:

2020-21 TSSAA Handbook

WRESTLING REGULATIONS

I. 

IV. STATE TOURNAMENT (Division I)

The draw for the state tournament shall be made by the state office and shall be released after the completion of all regional wrestling tournaments.

Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. In order to be placed, a wrestler must be a regional champion and must have been a state place finisher during his high school career. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Separate all state champions (includes state champions from other states).

2. The following criteria shall be used to separate state champions: (a) state champion at same weight, (b) state champion at higher weight, (c) state champion at lower weight. (If there are two state champions at the same weight the state champion from Tennessee will receive the higher seed.)

3. Follow the same procedure as #2 above for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place from previous year,

4. Items #2 and #3 shall be applied in order to wrestlers who placed in the state tournament two yeas prior.

5. Blind draw.

If hes the only state champ in that weight he should've been given the 1 seed. Idk how this slipped past them, especially with it being Chittum.

8 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

If hes the only state champ in that weight he should've been given the 1 seed. Idk how this slipped past them, especially with it being Chittum.

Because 1 seed was set by number 3 on their list while Cody was based upon number 4. It's pretty easy to understand, if Cody wrestled in TN last year he wins title again and he's number 1 seed, he didn't so he falls all the way to number 4 on seeding criteria because it was 2 seasons ago. 

Edited by cobrakid8

6 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Because 1 seed was set by number 3 on their list while Cody was based upon number 4. It's pretty easy to understand, if Cody wrestled in TN last year he wins title again and he's number 1 seed, he didn't so he falls all the way to number 4 on seeding criteria because it was 2 seasons ago. 

It says state titles are the first criteria. It doesnt say last years results is what they go by only. The exact words it uses is actually "High School Career".

Edited by WrestlingGod

20 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

If you don't like it take it up with them but it's ALWAYS been based upon the most recent results. Codys was in 2018 which is a while ago. So they base upon recent results which Cody doesn't have in recent years. So he falls to number 4 on criteria. Again if you don't like that or think it's wrong reach out to TSSAA and let them know, but again it's always been based upon most recent results. They wouldn't place a kid that won state title at106 in 2018 and didn't place any other years above a kid that placed 2nd last year in the same weight class. 

Also if you want to be completely technical about it, Cody won his state title as an 8th grader and would not be considered a high schooler which is what it states in the very first paragraph as results in their high school career. Lol

Edited by cobrakid8

106 Ford from Independence vs Terrell from Bradley in the semis should be a good one. Fowler from Cleveland on the bottom who’s only losses are against Ford and Terrell. 

113 Ellison from Cleveland vs Bradford from Blackman in the finals barring a big upset along the way for them.

120 Borders is the favorite. Laxton and Dindl should come out of the bottom.

126 Trey Bates vs Mason Sells

132 Not picking as I have vested interest. However Watkins, Deselle, Patterson and Fort on one side and Bradford and Shires on the other. They all have wins and losses against each other.

138 McDaniel vs Fort round two.

I will come back and do the others later.

12 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

If you don't like it take it up with them but it's ALWAYS been based upon the most recent results. Codys was in 2018 which is a while ago. So they base upon recent results which Cody doesn't have in recent years. So he falls to number 4 on criteria. Again if you don't like that or think it's wrong reach out to TSSAA and let them know, but again it's always been based upon most recent results. They wouldn't place a kid that won state title at106 in 2018 and didn't place any other years above a kid that placed 2nd last year in the same weight class. 

Also if you want to be completely technical about it, Cody won his state title as an 8th grader and would not be considered a high schooler which is what it states in the very first paragraph as results in their high school career. Lol

It says high school career, him being in 8th grade doesn't matter bc he won it in high school. Again, you're wrong, the verbiage is very clear. It never says last year. I think its more likely they screwed up.

Also, not by me, but I do know that TSSAA has been contacted about this. While its not likely they'll change it, based off how they wrote the rules and the EXACT words they use, Cody should be the 1 seed.

If you can show me any where it says that last years results are all they go by then ill gladly say I am wrong and you are correct.

10 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

It says high school career, him being in 8th grade doesn't matter bc he won it in high school. Again, you're wrong, the verbiage is very clear. It never says last year. I think its more likely they screwed up.

Also, not by me, but I do know that TSSAA has been contacted about this. While its not likely they'll change it, based off how they wrote the rules and the EXACT words they use, Cody should be the 1 seed.

If you can show me any where it says that last years results are all they go by then ill gladly say I am wrong and you are correct.

Again, he was an 8th grader, TSSAA does not consider that high schoolers for any private school in the state or Signal MnT which is a middle high together. So their own rules state HIGH school career and the state BOE also does not consider 8th graders as high schoolers. I  taught at 2 schools that went k-12, 8th graders were only allowed to participate for the school if no high school kid could feel the position. so maybe you need to learn something. However you would be wrong as he would not be considered a high schooler so his state title wouldn't have came during his high school career. So, he won it a second an 8th grader, had a redshirt year again as an 8th grader and 9th grade out of state. If 8th grade counted as high school career ole smart one he would not be allowed a redshirt year to repeat the grade as he wouldn't not have been eligible. So go ahead and let me know when you admit you are wrong since you want to be technical with running your mouth. Facts are they do not consider past results as they do last years. I mean just show me where a state champ from 3 years ago has ever been seeded higher than a state placer from regions year? So again if you don't like it write TSSAA and tell them they did this wrong per their guidelines and see what they say back except that you only think you are a wrestling god but in fact know nothing about wrestling.

Edited by cobrakid8