TSSAA AAA Individual Tournament Predictions

WrestlingGod

25 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Again, he was an 8th grader, TSSAA does not consider that high schoolers for any private school in the state or Signal MnT which is a middle high together. So their own rules state HIGH school career and the state BOE also does not consider 8th graders as high schoolers. I  taught at 2 schools that went k-12, 8th graders were only allowed to participate for the school if no high school kid could feel the position. so maybe you need to learn something. However you would be wrong as he would not be considered a high schooler so his state title wouldn't have came during his high school career. So, he won it a second an 8th grader, had a redshirt year again as an 8th grader and 9th grade out of state. If 8th grade counted as high school career ole smart one he would not be allowed a redshirt year to repeat the grade as he wouldn't not have been eligible. So go ahead and let me know when you admit you are wrong since you want to be technical with running your mouth. Facts are they do not consider past results as they do last years. I mean just show me where a state champ from 3 years ago has ever been seeded higher than a state placer from regions year? So again if you don't like it write TSSAA and tell them they did this wrong per their guidelines and see what they say back except that you only think you are a wrestling god but in fact know nothing about wrestling.

So let me get this straight. 8th graders are allowed to compete for high school state titles if certain protocols are met, but they don't consider it to be a high school championship? I never said that it has happened before, and its more likely that it hasn't. It would be the reason why they screwed this up.  His only time medaling in TN was in 8th grade, and yet he is seeded now?

I'm asking you to show the proof of what you're saying. Show me in the rule book where it says 8th graders who win state championships would not be seeded their freshman year since they weren't in hs when they won their title. Im asking you to also show me where they say only the previous years results are what get you seeded. If you cannot then we can only go by exactly the words used by the TSSAA. And if this is the case, Cody Chittum should be the number 1 seed at 145.

Edited by WrestlingGod

1 minute ago, WrestlingGod said:

So let me get this straight. 8th graders are allowed to compete for high school state titles if certain protocols are met, but they don't consider it to be a high school championship? I never said that it has happened before, and its more likely that it hasn't. It would be the reason why they screwed this up.

I'm asking you to show the proof of what you're saying. Show me in the rule book where it says 8th graders who win state championships would not be seeded their freshman year since they weren't in hs when they won their title. Im asking you to also show me where they say only the previous years results are what get you seeded. If you cannot then we can only go by exactly the words used by the TSSAA. And if this is the case, Cody Chittum should be the number 1 seed at 145.

First Cody would have been ineligible to participate last year in TSSAA as he repeated the 8th grade and he would have been ineligible for 9th grade year I really doing so as they would count that still as their 9th grade year. Yes, they do count someone who placed last year as an 8th grader when seeding they did it with Daniel Urochuck. However, again Cody won a state title 3 years ago and since you want to state technically the house don't have it written as the previous year takes precedence to a state title 3 years ago when they have always done this exact thing we can go to technicalities all day as no middle school is not held under the same rules as a 9th grader and technically you aren't a high schooler as an 8th grader which is 100% correct. Also considering the TSSAA rule book distinctly states that 8th graders are still allowed their 4 years after participating as an 8th grader and since high school is 4 years long, pretty easy to see and 8th grader isn't  high schooler. So Cody didn't get ripped off, really he's used the system pretty well, with getting a state title as 8th grader, redshirted and participated in another state as a 9th grader when he would not have been eligible in TN. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at another big time school to wrestle some more after all this season. As far as feeling bad for Braxton, he needed to take care of business on the mat and win his region. When you don't you can get placed all kinds of different places and that's what happens with blind draws. I wished they would have taken an extra day to actually seed this years tourney,  heck they only have 16 kids in each bracket. 

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

First Cody would have been ineligible to participate last year in TSSAA as he repeated the 8th grade and he would have been ineligible for 9th grade year I really doing so as they would count that still as their 9th grade year. Yes, they do count someone who placed last year as an 8th grader when seeding they did it with Daniel Urochuck. However, again Cody won a state title 3 years ago and since you want to state technically the house don't have it written as the previous year takes precedence to a state title 3 years ago when they have always done this exact thing we can go to technicalities all day as no middle school is not held under the same rules as a 9th grader and technically you aren't a high schooler as an 8th grader which is 100% correct. Also considering the TSSAA rule book distinctly states that 8th graders are still allowed their 4 years after participating as an 8th grader and since high school is 4 years long, pretty easy to see and 8th grader isn't  high schooler. So Cody didn't get ripped off, really he's used the system pretty well, with getting a state title as 8th grader, redshirted and participated in another state as a 9th grader when he would not have been eligible in TN. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at another big time school to wrestle some more after all this season. As far as feeling bad for Braxton, he needed to take care of business on the mat and win his region. When you don't you can get placed all kinds of different places and that's what happens with blind draws. I wished they would have taken an extra day to actually seed this years tourney,  heck they only have 16 kids in each bracket. 

If medaling in 8th grade doesn't count, because as you said, 8th grade does not count towards high school and the words they use is "high school career", then why is he seeded at all now? SInce the only time he medaled in TN was in 8th grade?

Unless you're wrong.

59 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I think Cleveland has 4 champs with 2 possibles that could go either way. 113, 138, 145, 220. Possibly 132, 152

138 and 145 are locks.  220 is probably a lock but Ashton has had some close matches with Todd.  Also, Ellison will have a tough one with Bradford who has looked great this year. 132 is a deep weight but Jackson has a favorable draw.  If Cael is 100% he definitely has a chance.  Fowler should make the finals at 106 but will have to pull a big upset to beat either Ford or Bryson. Also, Arlo has a shot at 120.  His last match with Borders was a battle.  Boyd got a favorable draw and has an outside shot at 182 - if he keeps the offensive pace up. Cleveland could easily have 9 in the finals.

Why does every conversation end up with a Cody argument? Are there not any other kids in the state that matter? If he is the real deal , he should win out no matter where he is in the bracket. Let the kid wrestle and all yall keyboard warriors get your popcorn and watch all these kids wrestle and finish out an unusual year of wrestling.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WRESTLERDAD76 said:

Why does every conversation end up with a Cody argument? Are there not any other kids in the state that matter? If he is the real deal , he should win out no matter where he is in the bracket. Let the kid wrestle and all yall keyboard warriors get your popcorn and watch all these kids wrestle and finish out an unusual year of wrestling.

He won't have a hard match entire tourney. They were feeling bad about Mann having to wrestle him first round and Fisak in Semi's. It's all matches to see who comes in second for now and that's why so many I guess are mad Cody was "seeded" third when in actuality Mann could have had him first round if Cody was number 1 seed as he didn't win his region and was blind draw to Cody. I've never really agreed with the way they seed, there have been some stud freshman come in that win a title and didn't get seeded as they were freshman. Sucks they won't seed the only sport that is truly 1v1. 

Edited by cobrakid8

1 hour ago, Greenhorn said:

Ivy is one seed d2 did not wrestle state last yr

D2 does not seed their brackets.  

There is 2 one seeds, the Region Champ of the East and the Region Champ of the west.  They alternate the weights as to whether the East region champ is on top or bottom of the bracket. But, both sides are identical so it really doesn’t matter who is on top or bottom. 

The East region champs wrestles the 4th placers from west region and the west #2 wrestled the #3 from East on the same side as the East champ.  The other side is the same with west region champ wrestles the #4 from the East and so on. 

• Upvote 1

Results based off of the brackets. In several weight classes I think the final matchups are happening in the Semi's/Quarter's. 

106:

1. Terrell - Bradley

2. Baltz - Houston

3. Ford - Independence

4. Fowler - Cleveland

5. Houston - Cookeville

6. Miller - Science Hill

Bloods: Wright - Halls, Johnson - Wilson Central

113: 

1. Bradford - Blackman

2. Ellison - Cleveland

3. Lipsey - Bradley

4. Stokes - Oakland

5. Mercante - Wilson Central

6. Gobel - Franklin

Bloods: Reaume - Arlington, Little - Summit

120:

1. Borders - Wilson Central

2. Dindl - Barlett

3. Laxton - Cleveland

4. Masters - Summit

5. Armstrong - Science Hill

6. Creque - Siegel

Bloods: Myers - Blackman, Teaster - Heritage 

126:

1. Bates - Beech

2. Sells - Blackman

3. Lipsey - Bradley

4.  Warnock - Wilson Central

5. Randall - Cleveland

6. Noll - Summit

Bloods: Hutchinson - Halls, Burns - Bearden

132:

1. Shires - Rossview

2. Fort - Wilson Central

3. Bradford - Cleveland

4. Davis - Heritage

5. Desselle - Summit

6. Watkins - Dobyns Bennet 

Bloods: Sutton - Bartlett, Patterson - Bradley

138:

1. McDaniel - Cleveland

2. Fort - Wilson Central

3. Belcher - Bradley

4. Hylton - David Crockett

5. Kiser - Halls

6. Garabrandt - Farragut

Bloods: Noll - Summit, Roaton - Arlington

145:

1. Chittum - Cleveland

2. Fisher - Jefferson Co.

3. Fisak - Wilson Central

4. Rose - Blackman

5. Mann - Science Hill

6. Lynn - Bradley

Bloods: Colligan - Maryville, Whaley - Halls

152: 

1. Hurst - Dobyns Bennett

2. Laxton - Cleveland

3. Ables - Centennial

4. Elkins - Halls

5. Clemmons - Lebanon

6. Cowan - Tullahoma

Bloods: Butler - Heritage, Brenot - Clarksville

160: 

1. Morrisette - Dobyns Bennett

2. Cockman - Arlington

3. Willet - Independence

4. Brown - Blackman

5. Jarvis - Wilson Central

6. Fagg - Heritage

Bloods: Stansberry - Bradley Central, Fisher, Jefferson Co.

170: 

1. Smith - Beech

2. Meade - Bearden

3. Parcel - Page

4. Morrisette - Dobyns Bennett

5. Cooper - Maryville

6. Haynes - Munford

Bloods:  Krepela - Arlington, Chew - Blackman

182: 

1. Zuckerman - Houston

2. Boyd - Cleveland

3. Duessler - Rossview

4. Sinclair - Maryville

5. Lankford - Collerville

6. Tanksley - Walker Valley

Bloods: Elliott - Halls, Robinson - Jefferson Co.

195: 

1. Brumlow - East Hamilton

2. Lowe - Walker Valley

3. Stadel - Maryville

4. Rich - Beech

5. Love - Green Hill

6. Milhom - Siegel

Bloods: Medina - Science Hill, Gillentine - Warren Co.

220: 

1. Davis - Cleveland

2. Shelton - Jefferson Co.

3. Lambert - Page

4. McBee - Shelbyville Centrall

5. Todd - Wilson Central

6. Gumm - Maryville

Bloods: Mizoury - Overton, King - Cocke Co.

285: 

1. Cummins - Anderson Co.

2. Langford - Walker Valley

3. Smith - Summit

4. Keating - Arlington

5. Richardson - Wilson Central

6. McClure - Bradley

Bloods: Adams - Maryville, Anderson - Franklin