Spectators at Chattanooga convention center?

barbwire

TSSAA website states "No tickets will be sold to the public." but then the Governor lifted attendance restrictions as of February 1st.

Does anyone have any inside info on if there will be tickets sold for spectators for Thursday, Friday or Saturday?

On top of that will this weather and subsequent school closings affect State competition? 

22 minutes ago, barbwire said:

TSSAA website states "No tickets will be sold to the public." but then the Governor lifted attendance restrictions as of February 1st.

Does anyone have any inside info on if there will be tickets sold for spectators for Thursday, Friday or Saturday?

On top of that will this weather and subsequent school closings affect State competition? 

From https://tssaa.org/state-wrestling-tournament-instructions "In accordance with current TSSAA COVID-19 Sports Regulations, attendance in the Chattanooga Convention Center will be limited to ⅓ capacity. After accounting for registered TSSAA coaches and qualified participants, that only leaves enough space for two tickets for each qualifier. In addition, qualifiers may only enter the exhibit hall on the day of their competition. Schools that have participants in the girls’ division and boys’ division (AAA, A-AA) will need to make arrangements for those who are not competing in the event if they are traveling together.

Competition will be taking place in the main exhibit hall (A,B,C,D) of the Chattanooga Convention Center. Admission is $12 per day and each participating school will be allocated two tickets per qualifier. All tickets must be purchased in advance online using GoFan. Everyone age 5 and older must have a ticket to enter. By Tuesday, February 16 at 10am CST, each participating school’s head coach and athletic director will receive an email directly from GoFan with one promo code per qualifier that will allow for the purchase of two tickets. Schools should make plans for how to pass that code along to each wrestler’s family for use. No tickets will be sold on site at the event and no one except participating coaches and wrestlers will be allowed entry to the exhibit hall without a ticket

TSSAA Championship Event Cards and TACA Cards will not be accepted for entry."

Anyone at higher risk and/or having comborbidities, just be safe. In the meantime...

How does 2020 compare to other years?

When taken in entirety, 2020 will have more deaths than past years, but analysis not complete yet...

USA Today

"Just sayin"

Soms

Survivor at 60:thumb:

FYI... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/24/fact-check-2020-more-deadly-than-recent-years-u-s/3927190001/

Even USA Today says partly false

Edited by Sommers

On 2/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, barbwire said:

My understanding is that teams have been given until a set date to have wrestler's families buy the two per athlete allotment.  If after that date there are still some tickets available then they are going to be opened up to the general public.

• Like 1

I'm hearing some info that the ticketing system timed out parents before they could purchase tickets to see their own son or daughter wrestle for a state championship.

I realize there are Covid protocols in place but can TSSAA right this wrong so at least parents can get in?

If they will not do anything, can this message board group band together to make sure these parents are able to attend?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barbwire said:

I'm hearing some info that the ticketing system timed out parents before they could purchase tickets to see their own son or daughter wrestle for a state championship.

I realize there are Covid protocols in place but can TSSAA right this wrong so at least parents can get in?

If they will not do anything, can this message board group band together to make sure these parents are able to attend?

Lol, it doesn't work like that. TSSAA doesn't care what anybody thinks let alone us nobodies on this board. They will do what they will do.

11 minutes ago, barbwire said:

Pretty sure teams were told what the deadline was going to be before the TSSAA opened the tickets up to the public.  I know it was publicized for our parents.  If they didn't take care of getting their tickets before that point that is unfortunate, procrastination is a killer.

Don't know that there is anything this board could do unless they find someone on here who bought the publicly available tickets and is willing to give them up.

3 minutes ago, ghouse said:

Pretty sure teams were told what the deadline was going to be before the TSSAA opened the tickets up to the public.  I know it was publicized for our parents.  If they didn't take care of getting their tickets before that point that is unfortunate, procrastination is a killer.

Don't know that there is anything this board could do unless they find someone on here who bought the publicly available tickets and is willing to give them up.

That is correct. Noon today.