Spectators at Chattanooga convention center?

barbwire

What a nightmare?  I went to Gofan to buy tickets on Thursday.  I had no idea about the behind the scenes scheme that Tssaa had concocted.  I relied solely on their website statement - 

Competition will be taking place in the main exhibit hall (A,B,C,D) of the Chattanooga Convention Center. Admission is $12 per day and each participating school will be allocated two tickets per qualifier. All tickets must be purchased in advance online using GoFan. 

The event was not available on Thursday but there was no statement about how to get your tickets.  Yeah our coach deserves a share of the blame but the biggest blame is squarely on TSSAA.  They’ve known about this event for a while.  Why the last minute emailing and Zoom that excluded the main people impacted not being involved?  Such a cluster with no regard for parents!

Edited by Offthemat

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

What a nightmare?  I went to Gofan to buy tickets on Thursday.  I had no idea about the behind the scenes scheme that Tssaa had concocted.  I relied solely on their website statement - 

Competition will be taking place in the main exhibit hall (A,B,C,D) of the Chattanooga Convention Center. Admission is $12 per day and each participating school will be allocated two tickets per qualifier. All tickets must be purchased in advance online using GoFan. 

The event was not available on Thursday but there was no statement about how to get your tickets.  Yeah our coach deserves a share of the blame but the biggest blame is squarely on TSSAA.  They’ve known about this event for a while.  Why the last minute emailing and Zoom that excluded the main people impacted not being involved?  Such a cluster with no regard for parents!

So were you not able to get tickets?  I wonder how many schools were effected by this and parents were not able to buy tickets?

No, I wasn’t and none of our qualifiers (6) did either.  At this point I would think a lot others did not.  Why did TSSAA not communicate this to the parents and why did they open it up to the general public without checking with wrestling parents?  They caused this whole nightmare with their arbitrary, undisclosed process.  Sorry for rant but I’m fed up with incompetent bureaucrats masquerading as leaders.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Offthemat said:

No, I wasn’t and none of our qualifiers (6) did either.  At this point I would think a lot others did not.  Why did TSSAA not communicate this to the parents and why did they open it up to the general public without checking with wrestling parents?  They caused this whole nightmare with their arbitrary, undisclosed process.  Sorry for rant but I’m fed up with incompetent bureaucrats masquerading as leaders.

They did, we were all sent an email with a code that allowed for a set amount per team prior to them opening it up before Friday.

24 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

They did, we were all sent an email with a code that allowed for a set amount per team prior to them opening it up before Friday.

Correct, I belong to couple of wrestling groups and both coaches got this info out to their parents and wrestlers. Coaches in a most timely way should always open their emails from the TSSAA. The Greeneville coach notified families almost 2 weeks ago and has sent multi notices reminding and making adjustments to the delay.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

Even if parents knew to watch for email from coaches, it’s going to be unfortunate for them to be punished and not to get to watch their kid for a code they never received.  It’s easy to throw coaches under the bus and call for their “firing” as in previous comments,  but they are human and this season has been anything but normal. 

11 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

Even if parents knew to watch for email from coaches, it’s going to be unfortunate for them to be punished and not to get to watch their kid for a code they never received.  It’s easy to throw coaches under the bus and call for their “firing” as in previous comments,  but they are human and this season has been anything but normal. 

what do you want to happen? 

14 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Correct, I belong to couple of wrestling groups and both coaches got this info out to their parents and wrestlers. Coaches in a most timely way should always open their emails from the TSSAA. The Greeneville coach notified families almost 2 weeks ago and has sent multi notices reminding and making adjustments to the delay.

Interesting the Greenville coach was sending out info to families 1 week before Regionals started.   Good for him.  Communication is the key to success.
If the tickets sold out in 5 minutes there is no reason to open up Gofan to the public 5 days before the tournament started.  TSSAA owns some of the responsibility here.  This was a good idea that was poorly executed and now there are parents that don’t get to see there kid wrestle.  Black eye on coaches and the TSSAA

The fact of the matter here is the blame should be squarely on the coach... the fact that said team had 6 qualifiers means the team has to be at least semi successful which really means there is no excuse for the coach. The bowling championships were held with zero parents or fans... so we are lucky to be having a venue that is allowing 975 people if the coach/parent just assumed this event was going to be ran like a normal year then here's your sign.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

The fact of the matter here is the blame should be squarely on the coach... the fact that said team had 6 qualifiers means the team has to be at least semi successful which really means there is no excuse for the coach. The bowling championships were held with zero parents or fans... so we are lucky to be having a venue that is allowing 975 people if the coach/parent just assumed this event was going to be ran like a normal year then here's your sign.

I don’t imply anyone thought it was going to be normal.  I said the entire season hasn’t been normal.  And for the coaches letting their parents know a week ago how tickets were going to be purchased is great, BUT IF those parents never received the link they still would not have had anyway to know ticket sales were open.  

57 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

I don’t imply anyone thought it was going to be normal.  I said the entire season hasn’t been normal.  And for the coaches letting their parents know a week ago how tickets were going to be purchased is great, BUT IF those parents never received the link they still would not have had anyway to know ticket sales were open.  

so again, what would you want to happen?