Spectators at Chattanooga convention center?

barbwire

1 minute ago, ladyvol31 said:

I think you need to word this every qualifier in the state should have had the opportunity to get tickets.  Because if they actually got tickets this conversation would not exist.  And I don’t think it matters what school and coach, I am sure the parents are dealing with that privately.  Plus, I’ve never seen any wrestling coach walk on water, last time I checked they were all human.

right, some just screwed up. 

3 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

I think you need to word this every qualifier in the state should have had the opportunity to get tickets.  Because if they actually got tickets this conversation would not exist.  And I don’t think it matters what school and coach, I am sure the parents are dealing with that privately.  Plus, I’ve never seen any wrestling coach walk on water, last time I checked they were all human.

Thank you.  If we had tickets there would be no discussion.  I was on both TSSAA and GoFan on Thursday and there was no mention of a deadline.  

11 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Please realize that TSSAA stated that NO tickets would be sold to the public.

Ticketing

No tickets will be sold to the public. TSSAA Championship Event Cards, TACA cards, TSSAA ID cards and TMSAA ID cards will not be accepted.

Exactly.  I take that to mean only sold to family.  So I assume only family of wrestlers will be there spectating.

1 hour ago, ladyvol31 said:

Every qualifier was given the opportunity through their program and coach to purchase 2 tickets.  PERIOD! 

And, it does matter what school and what coach because this poster isn’t dealing with this privately but making post after post railing on the TSSAA as it was there fault. If it did happen which I don’t believe it did then is the fault of the coach and the school and not the TSSAA. 

It’s easy to rail on the nameless faceless TSSAA but they handled this season for all sports extremely well considering the circumstances especially wrestling having to find new venues and dealing with the weather.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, durdon said:

Every qualifier was given the opportunity through their program and coach to purchase 2 tickets.  PERIOD! 

And, it does matter what school and what coach because this poster isn’t dealing with this privately but making post after post railing on the TSSAA as it was there fault. If it did happen which I don’t believe it did then is the fault of the coach and the school and not the TSSAA. 

It’s easy to rail on the nameless faceless TSSAA but they handled this season for all sports extremely well considering the circumstances especially wrestling having to find new venues and dealing with the weather.  

I did not start the post.  I do have a coach that didn’t get us the information on time.  Obviously your coach did.  I feel something should be done to ensure I can see my kid wrestle.  Regardless if you feel it was my responsibility to reach out to coach or not, as the last communication was watch for link, which I did.  I got it after deadline event was sold out.  Just as you feel nothing should be done because you got the information and have your tickets, because your coach got your information to you.  It’s not important what school, you either believe I didn’t get the information or you don’t.  I can promise you I am not some random adult that wants to come to the event. It’s an unfortunate situation for some, and others got blessed getting to take more family due to this.  I personally don’t blame our coach or the TSSAA or myself.  Again, it’s an unfortunate situation that I am happy you are not having to deal with. Enjoy  watching your kid and or team wrestle.

4 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

It would have taken TSSAA five minutes to review which schools had zero codes validated. They could have left a day between arbitrary deadline and opening to public and made a phone call to the school AD. Then after 24 hours each school could get a new link that opens remaining tickets for that school to families and coaches spouses of that school. One extra step, 30 extra minutes of work.  What to do now? Increase capacity?  Refund all tickets bought after noon yesterday and allow those schools 24 hours to get their tickets, then open back up to the public or coach family option after that 24 hours?  Apparently all you need is five minutes to sell any leftover tickets. 

Well said 

5 hours ago, durdon said:

What school didn’t get allow their parents to get tickets?   Why is this misplaced anger being directed at the TSSAA not being directed at that school’s athletic director, wrestling coach and Principle?   They are the ones that screwed up and not the TSSAA.  

The TSSAA was very clear on how this ticket process was going to work and as far as I seen other than some random post on here every parent in the state was able to get tickets.  

What School was it and who is the athletic director and coach?   

Show us where the TSSAA was clear.  If they were clear, post the e-mail you received discussing the timeline or direct us to the information that was distributed clarifying timelines.  What was clearly posted was there were no tickets sold to the public so why would there be a timeline.  It is my guess there will be more than 14 McCallie fans in attendance.

6 hours ago, durdon said:

i find it odd that every year the TSSAA gets bashed for having the tournament at the "Cow Palace" as some like to call it but you harp on this person who as a situation that has prevented them from seeing their athlete wrestle. TSSAA did say no tickets would be sold to the public and because the state tournament was postponed another week they should have moved the Timeline or Deadline back a week to so people could have time to adjust their schedule around as well.

6 hours ago, ladyvol31 said:

I did not start the post.  I do have a coach that didn’t get us the information on time.  Obviously your coach did.  I feel something should be done to ensure I can see my kid wrestle.  Regardless if you feel it was my responsibility to reach out to coach or not, as the last communication was watch for link, which I did.  I got it after deadline event was sold out.  Just as you feel nothing should be done because you got the information and have your tickets, because your coach got your information to you.  It’s not important what school, you either believe I didn’t get the information or you don’t.  I can promise you I am not some random adult that wants to come to the event. It’s an unfortunate situation for some, and others got blessed getting to take more family due to this.  I personally don’t blame our coach or the TSSAA or myself.  Again, it’s an unfortunate situation that I am happy you are not having to deal with. Enjoy  watching your kid and or team wrestle.

I have a couple extra tickets to the A/AA tourney if you need them. 

• Like 3