Spectators at Chattanooga convention center?

barbwire

Need 2 tickets for AAA. Yes, our coach didn't get us an email fast enough.  He was also dealing with his school being shutdown due to 10 inches of snow and ice, scrambling to  find practice facilities, multiple emails from parents/wrestlers, and whatever familial issues he has to deal with on a daily basis. Why this deadline? I've been following the website and assumed tickets would be available to parents until the last minute. I wasn't planning on looking at buying tickets until a couple of days prior to the event, especially with the easing of covid guidelines.

Anyway, 2 tickets AAA?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When and why the deadline was implemented is the $64k question.  At no time did TSSAA change any published information concerning ticket distribution.  The constant theme was and per their website still is (1) no sales to public and (2) each wrestler gets two tickets.  Not the right to purchase the tickets but allocated two tickets.  There has never been anything published about a deadline.  In fact even the email sent by GoFans  mentions nothing about a deadline, only the codes.  The logical conclusion was always you will get two tickets to see your child wrestle.  TSSAA needs to correct this problem that they help create.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WTWrestling said:

When and why the deadline was implemented is the $64k question.  At no time did TSSAA change any published information concerning ticket distribution.  The constant theme was and per their website still is (1) no sales to public and (2) each wrestler gets two tickets.  Not the right to purchase the tickets but allocated two tickets.  There has never been anything published about a deadline.  In fact even the email sent by GoFans  mentions nothing about a deadline, only the codes.  The logical conclusion was always you will get two tickets to see your child wrestle.  TSSAA needs to correct this problem that they help create.

This is from the email from TSSAA sent out to all programs and coaches this week about how to purchase tickets.  
“Additionally, please be reminded that everyone must have a ticket to enter unless they are a participating wrestler or a wrestling coach who is registered on the TSSAA Portal and has a wrestler competing that day.  No coaches' family members, teammates, managers, scorekeepers, or other staff will be admitted without a ticket purchased in advance. If there are any unpurchased tickets at 12pm CST on Friday, February 19, the access code requirement will be turned off, allowing anyone to purchase up to 2 tickets without a code at the same ticket link.”

The TSSAA was pretty clear to coaches as to when the leftover tickets would go on sale to the general public. 

• Upvote 1

As a very diligent parent here, I was never relying on a coach's email that was sent by TSSAA through the AD.  I was following TSSAA website which said parents would be given codes to buy tickets...period. Public would not be allowed...period. At no time did I ever think I would need to rush to buy a ticket especially with what we have been hit with in the past week with the weather. There was no mention of any deadlines on TSSAA site or in their first email to the coaches.

I don't feel there is anything nefarious going on, but why was there this quick deadline if public was not to be allowed...period?

Edited by WrestlinFan

6 hours ago, durdon said:

This is from the email from TSSAA sent out to all programs and coaches this week about how to purchase tickets.  
“Additionally, please be reminded that everyone must have a ticket to enter unless they are a participating wrestler or a wrestling coach who is registered on the TSSAA Portal and has a wrestler competing that day.  No coaches' family members, teammates, managers, scorekeepers, or other staff will be admitted without a ticket purchased in advance. If there are any unpurchased tickets at 12pm CST on Friday, February 19, the access code requirement will be turned off, allowing anyone to purchase up to 2 tickets without a code at the same ticket link.”

The TSSAA was pretty clear to coaches as to when the leftover tickets would go on sale to the general public. 

Do you know when this information was sent?  It contradicts all published information. It should have been known to everyone especially the ones it impacted the most - parents. If this information was sent multiple times days leading up to the deadline then fine.  My knowledge is it was not known until late Thursday which begs the questions why the quick policy change, why the rush for a  deadline, and why it was not published on the website when it is 180 degrees from the website verbiage.  TSSAA should provide the answers to these questions.  

How is the general public even allowed to attend? The latest order from the governor states only household members are allowed at these events. By opening it up online, I'm sure there are non household members attending now. And, still a bunch of us parents without a ticket.

Edited by WrestlinFan

2 minutes ago, WrestlinFan said:

How is the general public even allowed to attend? The latest order from the governor states only household members are allowed at these events. By opening it up online, I'm sure there are non household members attending now. And, still a bunch of us parents without a ticket.

The governor lifted the "only household" about 2-3 weeks ago.  Some school districts still were limiting ticket sales even after that was lifted, I know ours did - for all sports.  

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have any extra tickets to Individual AAA on Friday?  None of the parents of our wrestlers were able to get tickets, as we had no knowledge of the 12Noon deadline.   As any parent can imagine, this is extremely frustrating and stressful.  Just want to watch our boys, who have worked so hard during this crazy season compete.  Thanks in advance!