A/AA State Individual Predictions

cowcatcher

3 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

More like a hashtag, but when your own crowd is yelling #DontGetUp then it's pretty bad. I've seen better dives from Greg Louganis, but that one was pretty bad.

Hmmmm.  Interesting. I wasn't there. I have made a few inquiries and some said that it was a legit call. Was that kid really injured? Did he Wrestle in individual regions? 

1 minute ago, Dawgs100 said:

Hmmmm.  Interesting. I wasn't there. I have made a few inquiries and some said that it was a legit call. Was that kid really injured? Did he Wrestle in individual regions? 

You tell me, if your own crowd is telling you to take the dive for the DQ you know what's up. I've been on the opposite end of this exact situation against PF and they did not encourage their kid to take the DQ. 

• Like 1

Just to set the record straight:

I just watched the video back, they were three feet from the cylinder, PF kid had Jeffrey’s left hand in cross wrist, lifted him up, swept his feet left to right and returned him on his head and shoulder to the trapped arm side. 

Was very proud of our Fairview parents and wrestlers. No chants, in fact you could hear a pin drop. Small golf clap when injury default was announced and even though we had just won our first ever school team championship, we still sent our next wrestler out. We never even celebrated our victory until our name was announced as state champs. 

Heres the link to the match for reference. 

https://unapproved website/VideoPlayer.jsp?TIM=1613701178675&twSessionId=anqoybstsa&matchId=24368220132

1 hour ago, Biffmar4 said:

Just to set the record straight:

I just watched the video back, they were three feet from the cylinder, PF kid had Jeffrey’s left hand in cross wrist, lifted him up, swept his feet left to right and returned him on his head and shoulder to the trapped arm side. 

Was very proud of our Fairview parents and wrestlers. No chants, in fact you could hear a pin drop. Small golf clap when injury default was announced and even though we had just won our first ever school team championship, we still sent our next wrestler out. We never even celebrated our victory until our name was announced as state champs. 

Heres the link to the match for reference. 

https://unapproved website/VideoPlayer.jsp?TIM=1613701178675&twSessionId=anqoybstsa&matchId=24368220132

This account matches what a buddy of mine who is a Nolensville assistant coach told me happened. He said it was an evenly matched dual.

Sounds like some sour grapes from PF. Must be why they didn’t stay around to accept the trophy afterwards.

• Like 1

A few final thoughts of mine heading into the big dance…

Matches I’m Most Excited For

1. 182lb Finals - #1 Noah Hill (Forrest) v. #7 Kevin Muschel (Signal Mtn.)—From what I heard, Muschel jumped out to an early lead over Hill in the Regionals before getting caught on his back. I get the feel that Muschel is more than just muscle and seems like an intelligent kid. I’m sure he stay off his back this time. If he does, I see him taking down the defending state champ to walk away with the title in a high scoring 12-10 battle. Would he be the lowest seed to ever win one in any of the divisions? Assuming both men get there, this has the potential to be an instant all-time classic.

2. 126lb Finals – #1 Daniel Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn.) v. #2 Trevor Lewis (Hixson)—a rematch of last year’s 120lb championship where Daniel won 3-0. Both are state champions with Trevor taking home a title the year before (not in same weight as Daniel). Can he reverse last year’s outcome? I’m going to say no and pick Div. 1 Army commit by a score of 6-2, but I love watching both of these warriors. Can’t wait for this one!

3. 182lb Quarter Finals - #2 Joseph Skidmore (Pigeon Forge) v. #7 Kevin Muschel (Signal Mtn.)—I can’t believe we are going to get to see this one in the Semis…get’s my heart racing just thinking about it. Both guys have finished 2nd in the state twice, hate that one of them won’t get another shot at a title, but I’m saying Muschel flexes his muscle in this one and comes away with a 3 point victory. He’ll have an easier time in the Semis with Kendrick Curtis of Fairview before getting a rematch with Mr. Noah Hill in the finals.

4a. 132lb Semi Finals – #1 Hunter Johnson (Greeneville) v. #5 Riley   
           Lippincott (Nolensville)
— 
            I do think Johnson is the better wrestler, but Riley has also wrestled at
            138lbs this year some too,  so the strength advantage shouldn’t be as big of
            a factor for Johnson here. I’m calling a 6-4 upset for Lippincott in what may
            be the best match of the tournament.

4b. 132lb Finals – #5 Riley Lippincott (Nolensville) v. #3 Brice Barton
           (Whitwell)
—I continue to hear great things about the Barton kid and know
           he’s pinned Riley twice this year, but I also heard Riley pinned Barton once
           last year, so if Riley pulls an upset over Johnson in the semis, I expect 
           this to be a wild one. Still going to stick with my original pick though and go
           Barton in a close one, 3-2. I’ve  watched Lippincott for several years though
           and know what he’s capable of. He’s the only guy in this weight to wrestle for
           a title, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him win
            this wide open weight class.

5. 138lb Quarter Finals - #2 Kale Albritton (Signal Mtn.) v. #7 Noah Dyer
           (Pigeon Forge)
—Two really exciting wrestlers. I’ve been a fan of Kale’s but
           the better wrestler Is the lower ranked guy in this one. Kale keeps it close
           early, but Noah prevails in the end by a score of 10-6 to really give PF a jolt
           in the team race.

OTHERS TO WATCH:

• 145lb Quarter Finals - #2 Riley Bennett (Fairview) v. John Pittman (Gibbs)
  • 145lb Finals – Bennett/Pittman winner v. #1 Josh Parton (Pigeon Forge)
  • 220lb Finals – #1 Parrish Pacetti (Hixson) v. #2 Jonathan Morton (Elizabethton)—I know Morton has 2 titles already to his name and Pacetti only has 1, but I really like Pacetti to get his hand raised in this one.
  • 285lb Semi Finals – #2 Jacob Clevenger (Fairview) v. #3 Kaymon Overton (East Nashville)
  • 285lb Finals – Clevenger/Overton winner v. #1 Mustafi Algarawi (Pigeon Forge)

Going to be some great matches all day starting in the Quarter Finals! 2 of my top 5, and 3 of the 11 matches I have on my list all come in that round of 8. Anybody see any big ones that I missed? 

Also, does anyone know how I can stream the event online and know what it costs? Thanks! :-)

Edited by cowcatcher

7 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

A few final thoughts of mine heading into the big dance…

Matches I’m Most Excited For

1. 182lb Finals - #1 Noah Hill (Forrest) v. #7 Kevin Muschel (Signal Mtn.)—From what I heard, Muschel jumped out to an early lead over Hill in the Regionals before getting caught on his back. I get the feel that Muschel is more than just muscle and seems like an intelligent kid. I’m sure he stay off his back this time. If he does, I see him taking down the defending state champ to walk away with the title in a high scoring 12-10 battle. Would he be the lowest seed to ever win one in any of the divisions? Assuming both men get there, this has the potential to be an instant all-time classic.

2. 126lb Finals – #1 Daniel Uhorchuk (Signal Mtn.) v. #2 Trevor Lewis (Hixson)—a rematch of last year’s 120lb championship where Daniel won 3-0. Both are state champions with Trevor taking home a title the year before (not in same weight as Daniel). Can he reverse last year’s outcome? I’m going to say no and pick Div. 1 Army commit by a score of 6-2, but I love watching both of these warriors. Can’t wait for this one!

3. 182lb Quarter Finals - #2 Joseph Skidmore (Pigeon Forge) v. #7 Kevin Muschel (Signal Mtn.)—I can’t believe we are going to get to see this one in the Semis…get’s my heart racing just thinking about it. Both guys have finished 2nd in the state twice, hate that one of them won’t get another shot at a title, but I’m saying Muschel flexes his muscle in this one and comes away with a 3 point victory. He’ll have an easier time in the Semis with Kendrick Curtis of Fairview before getting a rematch with Mr. Noah Hill in the finals.

4a. 132lb Semi Finals – #1 Hunter Johnson (Greeneville) v. #5 Riley   
           Lippincott (Nolensville)
— 
            I do think Johnson is the better wrestler, but Riley has also wrestled at
            138lbs this year some too,  so the strength advantage shouldn’t be as big of
            a factor for Johnson here. I’m calling a 6-4 upset for Lippincott in what may
            be the best match of the tournament.

4b. 132lb Finals – #5 Riley Lippincott (Nolensville) v. #3 Brice Barton
           (Whitwell)
—I continue to hear great things about the Barton kid and know
           he’s pinned Riley twice this year, but I also heard Riley pinned Barton once
           last year, so if Riley pulls an upset over Johnson in the semis, I expect 
           this to be a wild one. Still going to stick with my original pick though and go
           Barton in a close one, 3-2. I’ve  watched Lippincott for several years though
           and know what he’s capable of. He’s the only guy in this weight to wrestle for
           a title, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him win
            this wide open weight class.

5. 138lb Quarter Finals - #2 Kale Albritton (Signal Mtn.) v. #7 Noah Dyer
           (Pigeon Forge)
—Two really exciting wrestlers. I’ve been a fan of Kale’s but
           the better wrestler Is the lower ranked guy in this one. Kale keeps it close
           early, but Noah prevails in the end by a score of 10-6 to really give PF a jolt
           in the team race.

OTHERS TO WATCH:

• 145lb Quarter Finals - #2 Riley Bennett (Fairview) v. John Pittman (Gibbs)
  • 145lb Finals – Bennett/Pittman winner v. #1 Josh Parton (Pigeon Forge)
  • 220lb Finals – #1 Parrish Pacetti (Hixson) v. #2 Jonathan Morton (Elizabethton)—I know Morton has 2 titles already to his name and Pacetti only has 1, but I really like Pacetti to get his hand raised in this one.
  • 285lb Semi Finals – #2 Jacob Clevenger (Fairview) v. #3 Kaymon Overton (East Nashville)
  • 285lb Finals – Clevenger/Overton winner v. #1 Mustafi Algarawi (Pigeon Forge)

Going to be some great matches all day starting in the Quarter Finals! 2 of my top 5, and 3 of the 11 matches I have on my list all come in that round of 8. Anybody see any big ones that I missed? 

Also, does anyone know how I can stream the event online and know what it costs? Thanks! :-)

NFHS network. I think it’s $11 and you subscribe for a month. Make sure you cancel when you’re done or they will keep billing you.