A/AA State Individual Predictions

cowcatcher

56 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

I understand the rules. I also have witnessed a numbers of boys running before weigh ins at every state tournament the past dozen years. 
I would assume this rule is overlooked for several reasons. Example. My scale is different than yours. You weigh all week on your scale and then come to me and you miss weight. Is that your fault or the fault of the scale? Scales are never consistent, even at state. So, if you show up at my school and you were on weight at your school but 2/10 over on mine because our scales are different should you have an opportunity to run a little before official weigh in? Any Coach will tell you how frustrating it is to pre weigh at your school, travel to another school and be heavy. Fortunately every Coach I have dealt with over the years has had the same attitude about it. Now if you have one of those scales that keeps you lighter than others you don’t usually have an issue. My scale is different than yours.

Scale inconsistency.

While weighing in your team at an event and someone weighs slightly lower than their descent weight it registers in red on the next weigh sheet. We all know this slightly lower  weight does not qualify the wrestler for a lower weight class because they are bound by their descent.  Should the wrestler be penalized for being slightly lower than his/her descent target weight? They are not because of scale inconsistencies. My scale is different than yours. 

Some families have a home scale. They are told to check their weight after practice and then check when they get home and compare the difference. This is a good tool for monitoring ones weight as the season progresses. Should everyone bring their own scale to state and have in their hotel? I think it’s a great practice but not always practical. 

For A/AA Nobody was permitted in the building the night before to check a scale. The following morning they were given 30 minutes from the doors opening to weigh in. It was a little chaotic. Everyone did a great job considering. DAKEKO, I know you guys had your hands full and it was not the most ideal situation. I assume you are an official. 

Im not sure how D2 and the girls did their weigh in the next day but I did see a number of them walking around the facility during the A/AA tournament and what was the chance they had access to those scales, the night before their weigh in? 

In my original comment I was suggesting that these limitations may have led to the larger than normal number of missed weights. 

I do not believe a kid should be wearing sauna suits and garbage bags while running. I don’t condone nor permit it. I am not a fan of ‘’cutting’’ weight. I am not a fan of diuretics as a means of dropping weight.

Personally, because our scales are different I feel a bit of leeway should be permitted and within reason, such as an early weight check. 
If the second and third sessions were permitted access to the scales the day before their event then the same opportunity should have been provided. 

In closing, if a kid doesn’t not take his weigh in seriously that is on him/her. 

At all major tournaments (state & National) it is customary for the scales to be open to check your weight exactly one (1) hour prior to weight-ins