Who makes the decision?? Postponed Games??

pioneer42

Prediction: You'll see some weird stuff happen in District and early Region. This layoff in the West with all the snow will have some teams ill prepared for tournament play. If kids aren't doing stuff on their own and gyms can't open up, you'll see some teams out of shape and off the mark. Especially with so many games being played in so few days, this is bound to pile up. I expect to see some upsets.

6 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Prediction: You'll see some weird stuff happen in District and early Region. This layoff in the West with all the snow will have some teams ill prepared for tournament play. If kids aren't doing stuff on their own and gyms can't open up, you'll see some teams out of shape and off the mark. Especially with so many games being played in so few days, this is bound to pile up. I expect to see some upsets.

It don’t help for sure. I had rather play more games than play like three in 30 days. Memphis not playing eliminates substate and if your District Tournament gets cancelled adds up to about 3 in 30 days if they were cancelled and your team won the Region. Teams have to get acclimated somehow to playing three games in three days to win the Gold Ball. 13 A is the one to keep an eye on and 14 A Wednesday Night. 13 AA is kinda like 13 A and will be ripe for upsets. 14 AA is kinda like 14 A this year other than a couple of teams, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I’m not sure about District 12s tourney.  Just guessing that mckenzies girls and west Carroll’s boys voted not to play, both 1 seeds.  It’s been a long layoff I would want to play.  

That’s right. Can’t get acclimated to playing a three day tournament in Murfreesboro not playing. 

50 minutes ago, 1983 said:

District 11A cancelled district tourney.  It’s a shame a few coaches voted not to play.  Disappointing 

I

52 minutes ago, 1983 said:

District 11A cancelled district tourney.  It’s a shame a few coaches voted not to play.  Disappointing 

It is my understanding the tssaa sent out a memo that stated a district tournament had to be played to determine seeds for the region.  Check with your AD's or coaches to see if this is correct.

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

very disappointed in the decision made today by the coaches. I for one wanted to see us play.... at least in the championship game. Hope this doesn't hurt us in the long run

I personally wouldn’t want my girls not playing before Region. You have to play three in a row at state to win it. I would be afraid that they would get out of shape and get sloppy. McKenzie will likely have 2 weeks off right before you tip it off??