Who makes the decision?? Postponed Games??

pioneer42

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I personally wouldn’t want my girls not playing before Region. You have to play three in a row at state to win it. I would be afraid that they would get out of shape and get sloppy. McKenzie will likely have 2 weeks off right before you tip it off??  

This is an interesting conversation.

Going that long without playing is never a positive. At the same time, I assume most teams have not even practiced in the past week. If you’re a coach, do you want to play 3+ games in a week after not even practicing for 7ish days? Would you rather play several games this week with minimal practice time or practice for several days before region opener? I don’t know what the right answer is.

Specifically for McKenzie, I think their first round region game is basically a warmup for Loretto in the region semifinal.

28 minutes ago, maddams said:

This is an interesting conversation.

Going that long without playing is never a positive. At the same time, I assume most teams have not even practiced in the past week. If you’re a coach, do you want to play 3+ games in a week after not even practicing for 7ish days? Would you rather play several games this week with minimal practice time or practice for several days before region opener? I don’t know what the right answer is.

Specifically for McKenzie, I think their first round region game is basically a warmup for Loretto in the region semifinal.

Gibson County’s Region won’t play a substate game as it is. If they skipped District would have meant they would have only played three games in 30 days if they stayed alive. I would imagine most teams will be practicing this weekend. Never know. I see your point, but to win it all you have to play three in a row. I am just not a fan of not playing games especially before state. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:51 PM, pioneer42 said:

I personally wouldn’t want my girls not playing before Region. You have to play three in a row at state to win it. I would be afraid that they would get out of shape and get sloppy. McKenzie will likely have 2 weeks off right before you tip it off??  

Those are my fears as well. We play the region quarterfinal on Friday. 

20 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Those are my fears as well. We play the region quarterfinal on Friday. 

Good thing about it is Loretto and Summertown’s District cancelled too right?? You fortunate enough to play three. games in Region they will likely be two of  Loretto, Summertown and Huntingdon and a sub-stare game. You will be state ready you make it out. We don’t have a substate game now. Reason I think we need to play District Tournament personally.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Good thing about it is Loretto and Summertown’s District cancelled too right?? You fortunate enough to play three. games in Region they will likely be two of  Loretto, Summertown and Huntingdon and a sub-stare game. You will be state ready you make it out. We don’t have a substate game now. Reason I think we need to play District Tournament personally.

Loretto and Summertown are moving on to region. I am not sure what will happen to determine if Wayne County or Collinwood will be a 3 or 4 seed. Yea it will be a tough tough region to get out of to get to state. I believe that we can get it done and it will be amazing if we do.

12 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Loretto and Summertown are moving on to region. I am not sure what will happen to determine if Wayne County or Collinwood will be a 3 or 4 seed. Yea it will be a tough tough region to get out of to get to state. I believe that we can get it done and it will be amazing if we do.

I think you guys have a good shot at it for sure. You guys will be a slight favorite at home, IMO. 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

well now District 11a is playing the whole tournament. No idea why they made the decision to cancel it to begin with. Games on Monday are: Big sandy at McKenzie and West Carroll at Huntingdon. Championship and consolation will be Wednesday at the higher seeds.

I tried to tell yall earlier in this thread that the tssaa sent out a memo that said sistrict tournaments had to be played to seed teams for region play.