Shot clock

UTRok

This debate has been going on for several years. Some high schools do play with a shot clock. After going to college game the last 3 years I'm a big fan of it. I guess I should have stated I stole this from Jay Bilas.

Jay Bilas

@JayBilas
· 12h
Um...think it’s past time for a shot clock? What an embarrassment. https://google.com/amp/s/usatoday AL high school basketball playoff games end with a score of 6-4.hss.com/2021/alabama-high-school-basketball-playoffs-carver-parker/amp

Jay Bilas is treating HS basketball like it brings in the $$$billions$$$$ that the NCAA and NBA games do.

If a team is holding the ball go make them dribble and pass. If they're good enough they'll score if not they'll take a bad shot or turn it over. 

Some HS kids, on "good teams" can't dribble 1-2 dribbles with their weak hand.

Guard them and make them play.

A few years after I graduated from Dyer County my old coach held the ball for almost a whole half agaisnt Gibson County. I think the score was 6-2 at half time. Gibson County let never came out to guard the and DC held the ball for a whole quarter. 

• Like 1