Blue Cross Bowl Bids

chs1984

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Wouldn't you think TSSAA would try to keep it somewhere mid-state? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Knoxville area fan and have been going to the state games all the way back to the Murfreesboro days. But in all fairness and travel and everything would be an issue for West TN.

Could you imagine how exciting it would be to play a basketball game in FedEx Forum. Basketball has been held all over the state since they've had a basketball postseason longer than football.  I don't think distance is that big of a factor since only a few teams make it to the finals. I think the bids are good for competition. 

Football has been held all over also. One year Maryville and Alcoa played the A and AA State Championships at Alcoa's Goddard Field in a double header.  

I don't think geography should be a factor. I think they take it for granted and play the geography card a lot. 

Edited by Red Rebels

I don't buy the "a whole lot to do" card. I go to the city to see a ball game. Need place to eat and maybe sleep but that's all. Sorry but Memphis and Chattanooga are too far out of the way. Well I guess if I was coming from Memphis it would't much matter if it was Cookeville or Chattanooga as far as driving goes. Cookeville, Murfreesboro or Nashville are just the best places to have a championship contest. 

• Thanks 1

They need to have ALL football state games at Neyland.  Most ALL Highschool teams across the country have their state games at large universities, or at large professional stadiums.  I don't care how far a team would have to travel to get to Neyland.  The kids would love it!  It's a once in a lifetime experience (for most) to make it to state, and playing at Tech is kind of a buzz kill.  Especially now that most HS fields are nicer than Tech.  JMO

• Like 1