Who is top 5 coaches in girls basketball in all classes

Bob38

1 minute ago, 99SportsFan said:

Those 2, until the last couple of years CD is usually pretty good, SG is always tough. They always play in the Ladies Classic against good teams and they added Elizabethton this past season also.

Elizabethon  wasn’t that good, and SG wasn’t much until later in the year and I think they only played SG once this year? And it doesn’t matter what they used to be if they aren’t that now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, Bob38 said:

Coffman may be good but gomer pile could coached the talent at riverdale when he was there. I've personally watched his Dyersburg teams they always played hard. I think good coaches can win with talented players. Great coaches can make a rusty nail shine. 

Riverdale was good prior to Coffman arriving.  Let's not embellish too much.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, tradertwo said:

:blush:

Randy Coffman is a great coach. He builds a culture and atitude around programs that is something to behold. Yes, he was loaded at Riverdale but it doesn't mean that just anyone could come in and do what he was able to do. Coaches can and do screw up good teams and blow opportunites to win with talent. They might win 25 games but winning 25 games isn't being the #1 ranked team in the country.

I'm glad you mentioend Randy Frazier. I worked for him at Gleason my first year teaching/coaching. Joel Ayers was his assistant. I watched them work in practice day in and day out. They didn't have much size or many athletes and played in a tough district. He was a really good coach.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Intense said:

881 wins does stack up.  That’s over 20 wins per season.  Lots of coaches would love to have that record.  You have to have a special team to win it all.  I know that because we had a special team last year at TCA and we won it all.  May not ever happen again.  

Scheduling has a lot to do with how many wins someone has.  I just want to know how many state championships someone has won!  

Rick "Little Man" Insel is the best girls high school basketball coach ever in Tennessee!  How many coaches have ever won 10 state titles.  Those great teams 4 peated two different times.  Most coaches and kids don't want to pay the price that Rick demanded.

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Randy Coffman is a great coach. He builds a culture and atitude around programs that is something to behold. Yes, he was loaded at Riverdale but it doesn't mean that just anyone could come in and do what he was able to do. Coaches can and do screw up good teams and blow opportunites to win with talent. They might win 25 games but winning 25 games isn't being the #1 ranked team in the country.

I'm glad you mentioend Randy Frazier. I worked for him at Gleason my first year teaching/coaching. Joel Ayers was his assistant. I watched them work in practice day in and day out. They didn't have much size or many athletes and played in a tough district. He was a really good coach.

It's not usual for me to make this kind of bold statement, but  in my humble opinion Frazier was the best of the best. Taking into account the athletic ability of his players, the precision offense, the defense, and then the little things like taking charges in the backcourt, ect... never thought anyone did it better with what he had available.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Larry "ledgen" White. Stuck at RBS for over  thirty years, still got them to a few state tournaments, then went to Macon. Had far and away the best team in 2a in 2020 before covid cancel things. Lost five seniors, four starters and won it all coming out of the toughest district in 2a. Played district tournament through championship only playing the five starters. Does more with less than anyone I ever seen. 

19 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Larry "ledgen" White. Stuck at RBS for over  thirty years, still got them to a few state tournaments, then went to Macon. Had far and away the best team in 2a in 2020 before covid cancel things. Lost five seniors, four starters and won it all coming out of the toughest district in 2a. Played district tournament through championship only playing the five starters. Does more with less than anyone I ever seen. 

Talked to him yesterday and today. Most enjoyable game of the two days was watching Wilkins and Larry go at it. 

• 1 month later...