CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL 8?

UCSportsFan

25 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ve got Clarkrange and Pickett County in the final 8 with Clarkrange and GC the favorites to play in the championship game IMO. 

Clarkrange and Gibson will definitely be there. You’ve seen more Pickett than I have. Are they better than Clay? I think they split the regular season games.

As for favorites to play in championship, that’s completely dependent on the draw. Clarkrange and Gibson could play in the first round.

57 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ve got Clarkrange and Pickett County in the final 8 with Clarkrange and GC the favorites to play in the championship game IMO. 

Summertown is awfully good and I completely think the draw will be huge this year. Some times you win a battle but lose the war with the draw as we did in 2016. We drew Van Buren Co. who knocked off Jackson County in the sectionals, Middleton who was 70-0, and South Green. Do think GC and Clarkrange both will hit teams in the mouth with their pressure. I personally have GC 3 in my poll only because of youth. Do think next year is GC’s year, but they could win it this year. Summertown and Clarkrange have a lot of experience and think GC would be a 2-4 dog on a neutral floor.

Edited by pioneer42

With Clay having home court that could change things because Clay County is very talented and they are well coached. I’ll say this much I believe the winner of the game between those two will be in the state tournament because you avoid Clarkrange until the Region Championship and there is no one on the other side that can give either team a game. Substate game on the road will be close but either team would be favored. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

With Clay having home court that could change things because Clay County is very talented and they are well coached. I’ll say this much I believe the winner of the game between those two will be in the state tournament because you avoid Clarkrange until the Region Championship and there is no one on the other side that can give either team a game. Substate game on the road will be close but either team would be favored. 

And Pickett County didn’t lose anyone or very minimal. They seem like they have regressed some or is it just me??

Edited by pioneer42

On 2/21/2021 at 4:16 PM, pioneer42 said:

And Pickett County didn’t lose anyone or very minimal. They seem like they have regressed some or is it just me??

They were better last year but I don't know why. They should have been better this year with 4 starters with more experience. They seemed to go down last year vs Trousdale Co. in the region, won the substate by a point in a game they should have won easily and then played poorly at the state. They started out great this year but just haven't played to their potential all year. I agree, whoever wins the Pickett Co. at Clay Co. game will have a good chance go to the state, but so do Van Buren Co. and Whitwell.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, rebelman101 said:

Rn I have Clarkrange and GC in the title game. Feel like we would draw Clarkrange in the first round like Huntingdon did last year

Never know how that will work. In 2016 we had Van Buren Co., who knocked off Jackson Co. and was basically the Clarkrange of the bunch, Middleton, who was 70-0, and then South Green. Tough three days and it bit us the last day. Never know. The draw is the key every year.

16 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

They were better last year but I don't know why. They should have been better this year with 4 starters with more experience. They seemed to go down last year vs Trousdale Co. in the region, won the substate by a point in a game they should have won easily and then played poorly at the state. They started out great this year but just haven't played to their potential all year. I agree, whoever wins the Pickett Co. at Clay Co. game will have a good chance go to the state, but so do Van Buren Co. and Whitwell.

Pickett is still a good team and would be a tough out for anyone up there. They just don’t seem as dominant as some of the other Pickett teams.

I want to start by saying how thankful I am we can have these discussions on here this season. After last year's fiasco I wasn't sure we would get to have a tournament this year. With that being said I agree the draw will as always be very important. I think Clarkrange and Gibson County end up in the finals. I say this not having saw Summertown play. No disrespect to any of the teams. I think several are capable of taking home the gold ball. Just having fun throwing my two cents in. Good luck to everyone and most importantly praying the athletes stay healthy and get to finish their season

20 minutes ago, Bob38 said:

I like gc, summertown, clarkrange and clay to be in hunt for gold ball van buren a few miles behind the top teams. Whitwell is not deep at all not enough horses. 

The McKenzie Loretto winner will definitely have a say. If they were to play this game at UTM and no Covid, it would have a big gate. Going to be a sure enough dogfight here.